White Rabbit streaming site

I came over this site trough some commercial. has anyone tried this? I was wondering if it is a safe place to get movies. It looks legit, but thats no safety guaratee.

Tom

Their own website implies that the stuff you’d be watching is by independent filmmakers and perhaps people who voluntarily signed up to be part of this:

With so many great and original films already made and being made by independent filmmakers, why not watch the good stuff? We give you it all in one place.

But this article on TorrentFreak says they were routed to piracy sites by the app:

Finding a film through the extension is quite easy. When we searched for “Venom: Let There Be Carnage,” it came up right away.

Sure enough, after paying €2, we were immediately redirected to a pirate streaming site. In this example, we were linked to 123-movies.as.

The same procedure also works for other films, including Netflix, Amazon, HBO, and Disney exclusives. Instead of paying for a subscription to these legal streaming platforms, you can simply pay €2 and enjoy it on a pirate site.

Since I (very strongly) doubt the pirate sites have any distribution deal or profit-sharing agreement with the legitimate rights holders of these films, the whole thing sounds sketchy to me. Your ISP is unlikely to care that you were pirating through some supposedly legitimate portal site.

The website hypes up its connections to various European film groups but I assume those were on the basis of “We can distribute obscure Scandinavian indie films and pay makers directly” and not “Also, you can totally pirate Venom on this thing.”

Thanks for your input. It doesnt seem good then i guess, despite the professional looking web site and promises of money to the movie right holders :frowning:

Do ISPs ever pay attention to what you are streaming from where? Excluding torrents, where 3rd parties harvest IPs and send notices to the ISPs, I really think that the ISPs strongly prefer a Sergeant Schultz method of policing.

In which case it makes even less sense to pay someone a couple bucks each time you pirate something. Not that I’m advocating pirating, just that I don’t see why you’d pay someone for the privilege instead of using one of the other methods.

I suppose the business model here is tricking people into believing you’re streaming something legitimately since you’re paying money.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the ISPs that are actually owned by big media companies might do it. But, yeah, it’s mostly always a third party that does the monitoring.

Though not just with torrents. They can also set up honeypots on websites.

Ive never experienced that here in scandinavia, but maybe other places (i used to be a heavy pirate downloader, but stopped after movies became available online)