Who are you wearing?

Union Bay sweatshirt here, and the flannel jammie pants are pure Tar-ZHAY, bebeh!

Nothin’ manly about that little ensemble, Sunny Jim, sorry!

(wiping corner of mouth) Oh, no, I just had an ice cream.

The ironic thing is that Isaac Mizrahi, a pretty high-profile designer, designs stuff for Target. (I only know that because I used to work at Target, or I swear I wouldn’t have noticed this sort of thing)

Yeah, this thread has the potential for a bunch of man-card revocations.

Levi’s and Hanes. Manly enough? I’m a woman, though, so I don’t have to worry about my man card being revoked, 'cause no one will issue me one. Sexist, it is.

I could probably shave my husband’s back hair and knit a sweater, how pretentious would that be? “Who are you wearing?” “Him!”

I know who I’d like to be wearing.

I’m wearing Natick Laboratory. You like?

Damn, you cave easy! It’s a pajama outfit! You both lose you man cards.

In their defense, they were talking about two of them.

Then again, I keep my man-card clear of any suspicion by never sleeping in anything more than a beer-stained wifebeater and my jockey shorts: so, what do I know?

I am currently wearing Martha Stewart. Manly or not?

I must concur.

Wearing matching pajama tops and bottoms* is suspect in and of itself. But calling it a “pajama outfit” carries a major man-card penalty regardless of what the pajamas themselves look like. Vox loses the man-cards for saying “pajama outfit,” and Jeff loses his for giving in to a guy who says “pajama outfit.”

Vox, can I offer you some advice (other than to stop saying “pajama outfit”)? You’re still in high school, right? Are you going to go away to college and live in the dorms? If so, DO NOT wear matching pajama tops and bottoms. You’ll probably set your “social life” back a couple of years. (Unless you’re looking to do that. In which case, wear the pajama outfit by all means. Especially if you do it while cracking jokes in Latin. And since we’re on the subject–semper ubi sub ubi.)

• The only men who can get away with wearing matching pajama tops and bottoms without risking a man-card penalty are courtly grandpa types.

Only if you’re wearing her on your penis.

Eww! That’s not manly, that’s just redneck. (I can say that because my sister calls me one. I have the farmer gear, the pickup truck and a slingshot on my gunrack)

It’s not what you wear, it’s what you admit to or call it. Martha Stewart? :smack:

Not.

I’d imagine that the designers who give away dresses to be worn on the red carpet in order to have their names mentioned care quite a bit.

Seriously dude… it’s the Oscars. You don’t like it, don’t watch it.

And Vox… you’ve been given some excellent advice in this thread. There is no reason for a man to wear matching pajama tops and bottoms. Ever. Get yourself some ratty tshirts immediately.

I’m wearing Levi Strauss and Eddie Bauer. Cower before me.

No, don’t listen to them. You need to go completely the opposite direction. Matching pajama tops and bottoms, a sateen smoking jacket, and a nice holder for your cigarette. Oh, and a pencil moustache. That last part is very important.

Oh, you’re mean. Kid’s gonna look like John Waters and that’s not a nice thing to do to anyone.

Nah, I’m thinking more like William Powell as Nick Charles or David Niven.

Think classy.

Robin

I have to admit that, at times, I think the whole red carpet fashion fellating is silly. But there was a piece of dialogue in The Devil Wears Prada that rings true, and I try to keep that in mind whenever I think someone’s falling into a Fashion Week fugue. Anne Hathaway’s character has just walked in on a meeting where Miranda and her editors are making a huge to-do over a particular color of material, and Hathaway laughs and says something about fashion just being about “stuff”.

And sweatpants. Good for all occasions.