Who are your favorite posters?

I have to admit, I have a perverse fondness for Lekatt. I know he’s a looney and I disagree with him on everything, but I do admire his tenacity in a weird way. He just won’t let go of those delusions.

Coldfire for me. you can’t beat a good bit of dutch moderator humour.

Plus when he needs to say something he’s always wonderfully direct and straight to the point.

Think its a dutch thing - tthey have very few hills don’t-cha know. :wink:

spoofe almost always cracks me up.

tomndeb’s posts are always thoughtful and informative.

Qadgop the Mercotan is THE go-to guy for free medical advice and Tolkieniana. Turns out he knows something about skiing, too.

Jonathon Chance, Ringo, Rue, Polycarp, Eve, NoClueBoy, SPOOFE, Bosda all. They’re so cool. I bet I forgot a couple. Probably makes sense, seeing as they’re so cool and I’m so lame. I don’t even deserve to breathe the same virtual air as them. Buncha cool kids on the playground.

Rue, jarbabyj, broomstick, Ringo, Wang Ka, lieu… I’ll think of more in a little bit, I think.

Aesiron, you gone and stole all my faves…along with NoClueBoy n’ you, of course.

I cannot possibly imagine what we all have in common. But we are running two threads on it simultaneously.

I scratched your back so you’re gonna scratch mine, eh? Fine with me! :smiley:

Oh, and I forgot everyone’s favorite ADHD poster, NoClueBoy. He’s a favorite too. :slight_smile: He needs to get back from Indiana or wherever the hell he’s at right now.

gobear, because he’s got guts and brains in combination, and more of each than most folks on this Board. I wish the Air Force would take him, and I wish he wanted to join. He’d be awesome.

The GeoBills. Brains and beauty, great sense of humor. I’d trust 'em to raise my own kids, and how much more can you say than THAT? (Oh, don’t worry, guys, we aren’t moving to Florida so we can hand 'em off to you. I swear.)

Lucretia, of course. Brains, beauty, and because she loves me. Great in the sack, too.

Seriously, there are too m any reasons to list as to why she’s my favorite poster, and only a few of 'em have anything to do with this Board.

Rue most definitely. I stalk him shamelessly, even tho I know our love can never be… <pause for dramatic sigh>

Truly, there are more than I can list. Some posters have had me laughing aloud, and others have had me sobbing like a baby. Some no longer post, and some pop in for a quickie, then head off into the ether again. [sub]kinda like my dating days…[/sub]

And to those who named me (caught me on a vanity search): I’m touched and humbled. I figured most of what I do here is throw-away and forgettable. Now I feel an obligation to be clever and witty and memorable. Dunno if I can handle the pressure!! Suddenly, I feel like Tweek! :eek:

I don’t really have any favourites. Suffice to say that anyone I really haven’t liked has would up banned and I like everyone else.

Though Blue Curls is pretty neat ;).

Polycarp, Fenris (who I secretly want to be), Coldfire, Guin…oh hell, just about everybody who’s already been mentioned.

And for old time’s sake, Mercutio.

Tamerlane is an absolute belter of a poster. Always fascinating.

I also like the comedy styling of this 2trew kid. He’s got a big future if he can lay off the otter sniffing.

Jomo Mojo - even-tempered, good-humoured, and always informative.

I know the woman personally. Stick with the ‘terrifies’ thing.

In no particular order:

Polycarp
Libertarian
cjhoworth
Elucidator
Fenris
Guinastasia
Ben
Stoid
Mangetout
Scylla
**Qadgop the Mercotan **
scotticher
Chronos
ffabris
Legomancer
dorkusmalorkusmafia
FairyChatMom
Shirley Ujest
CrankyAsAnOldMan
NoClueBoy
tomndeb
SPOOFE
gobear
jarbabyj
Lord Ashtar
Diogenes the Cynic
photopat
GOM
His4Ever
DocCathode
lekatt
Princhester
Eats_Crayons
Darwin’s Finch
jjimm
swampbear
NinetyWt
iampunha
Monstre
Tiburon
«Ðëëp¤F®ïêd»™
Ryan_Liam
MEBuckner
Dreamer
That’s it for now :smiley:

I have the longest list!

The sad thing is that I’m sure I’ve missed a few…

So no Vanilla on that list:(

:stuck_out_tongue:

My list, off the top of my head, would be cjhoworth
Esprix
Polycarp
Diogenes
Cessandra

F$*#@!!!
It’s early in the morning, forgive me…:frowning:

Along with many others mentioned above, SuaSponte, pldennison, Billdo, minty green, Biggirl, Algernon, Esprix and Duck Duck Goose come to mind. And I miss posts by Yue Han.

An embarrasing aside… when I first starting reading the SDMB, I kept reversing SuaSponte and Sea Sorbust in my head. Two more unlike posters you couldn’t find…

Upon preview, I see someone beat me to Esprix… gotta keep those vanity searches productive!

Of course, I like all my Trek Dopers, but a special shout out has to go to elf6c for coining a very used character metaphor for us:

Panda the Panderer

I enjoy Polycarp and Monty in the debates on religious/social issues.

lieu is a gas!

[Homer]

Dammit!

[/Homer]

I missed this on the 1st read. Add Legomancer to my list. Though I ain’t saying which list.