Insurance Commissioner: Dave Jones
Superintendent of Public Education: Tom Torlakson
Member, State Board of Equalization, District 4: Nadar Shahatit
U.S. Representative, 46th District: Loretta Sanchez
State Assembly, 65th District: Sharon Quirk-Silva
Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, Goodwin Liu: Yes
Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, Mariano-Florentino Cuellar: Yes
Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, Kathryn Mickle Werdegar: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 1, Terry B. O’Rourke: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 1, Gilbert Nares: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 1, Alex C. McDonald: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 1, James A. McIntyre: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 2, Thomas E. Hollenhorst: Yes
Presiding Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 3, Kathleen E. O’Leary: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 3, William F. Rylaarsdam: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, District 3, Richard M. Aronson: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, District 3, David A. Thompson: Yes
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 4th Appellate District, Division 3, Richard Fybel: Yes
Judge of the Superior Court Office No. 14: Kevin Haskins
Anaheim Union High School District, Governing Board Member, Trustee Area 1: Al Jabbar
Anaheim City School, District Governing Board Member: David Robert “D.R.” Heywood, Ryan A. Ruelas, Jeff Cole
Orange County Assessor: Webster Guillory
Mayor of Anaheim: Lorri Galloway
Anaheim City Council: Jose F. Moreno, Gail Eastman
Proposition 1 (Bonds for water-related spending): Aye
Proposition 2 (Increases general revenue going to “Rainy Day Fund”): Nay
Proposition 45 (Requires Insurance Commissioner’s approval and public notification before health insurance rates rise): Aye
Proposition 46 (Adjusts medical malpractice suit cap for inflation, requires drug testing of doctors): Aye
Proposition 47 (Makes certain minor drug and theft offences misdemeanours rather than felonies): Aye
Proposition 48 (Ratifies gaming compacts with Indian tribes): Aye
County Measure E (Allows the State Fair Political Practices Commission to enforced campaign finance legislation and adopts administrative enforcement mechanisms): Aye
County Measure G (Allows only those who received a majority of the votes for Board of Supervisors to fill a vacancy): Aye
School Measure H (Bonds for Anaheim Union High School District): Aye
School Measure J (Bonds for North Orange County Community College District): Aye
City Measure L (City Council members to be elected by district rather than at-large): Aye
City Measure M (Increases number of City Council members from 4 to 6): Aye
City Measure N (Adjusts legislation on utilities): Aye

I will be voting for all the Democrats here in Ohio on the statewide ballot. I don’t always, but this time they are, without exception, better than the Republicans. I’ll also vote for the local community-college levy.

Qin - Was this your first opportunity to vote in a general election? If so, congratulations! I’m sure you were one of the most informed first-time voters in the state.

I voted the same as you for all of the offices at the top of the California ballot; however we differed substantially on the Propositions.

I’ll go for the democrats in California, with maybe a few exceptions.

Just mailed my ballot today.

Governor of Illinois: Pat Quinn
US Senator: Dick Durbin
House of Representatives: Mike Quigley
Illinois House: Sara Feigenholtz
Illinois Senate: Tom Cullerton

I used a couple of blogs to decide about voting no on a few judges.

Hey, I’ll play, though I won’t actually vote until Election Day.

US Senator: Al Franken
US Representative, District 5: Keith Ellison
Governor/Lt. Governor: Mark Dayton/Tina Smith
State Representative: District 61A: Frank Hornstein
Secretary of State: Steve Simon
State Auditor: Rebecca Otto
Attorney General: Lori Swanson
Hennepin County Commissioner: Marion Greene
Hennepin County Sheriff: Eddie Frizell
Hennepin County Attorney: Michael Freeman
School Board Member (At Large) (Vote for two): Rebecca Gagnon, Don Samuels
Minneapolis City Question 1 (Raise filing fee for city offices): Yes
Minneapolis City Question 2 (Remove Food/Liquor sales ratios): Yes
Minnesota Supreme Court Justice 2: Mimi Wright
Minnesota Supreme Court Justice 3: David Lillehaug
Other 34 Judges on ballot: Probably blank, since I don’t like voting randomly and don’t care enough to find out about them. 30 of them are uncontested anyway.

I’ll be voting a straight Republican ticket here in Wisconsin. My Republican state senator and assembly reps don’t even have Democratic challengers. I like my neighborhood! :slight_smile:

I will be voting “NO” on all the referendum questions.

Voting straight Dem here in Ohio on election day. Pubbies aren’t as odious this year(as a group).

Governor: Edmund G. “Jerry” Brown
Lt. Governor: Gavin Newsom
Secretary of State: Alex Padilla
Controller: Betty T. Yee
Treasurer: John Chiang
Attorney General: Kamala D. Harris
Insurance Commissioner: Dave Jones
Superintendent of Public Education: Marshall Tuck
Member, State Board of Equalization, District 4: none
U.S. Representative, 7th District: none. No way I’m voting for Doug Ose, and Ami Bera, the Democrat in name only, voted against food stamps
State Assembly, 8th District: Ken Cooley
Associate Justice of the Supreme Court none
Associate Justice, Court of Appeal none

Proposition 1 (Bonds for water-related spending): Aye
Proposition 2 (Increases general revenue going to “Rainy Day Fund”): Yes
Proposition 45 (Requires Insurance Commissioner’s approval and public notification before health insurance rates rise): Aye
Proposition 46 (Adjusts medical malpractice suit cap for inflation, requires drug testing of doctors): Aye
Proposition 47 (Makes certain minor drug and theft offences misdemeanours rather than felonies): Aye
Proposition 48 (Ratifies gaming compacts with Indian tribes): Aye

Governor: Mark Schauer (D)
Sec of State: Godfrey Dillard (D)
Att. General: Mark Totten (D)
US Senate: Gary Peters (D)
US House: Dean Vanderstelt (D)

And a bunch of Democrats for state and local office who don’t stand a chance. First time I won’t be voting for a Dingell for Congress.

I don’t really know if I’m going to vote this year. There’s not much in my district in the way of competitive races. The governor and my Congressman are going to win easily, as are my state reps, and as for local offices (District Attorney, County Court Judge and County Treasurer), the Republican candidates are running unopposed.

Need you even ask?

I’m even thinking of voting twice ������

Congratulations.

Oddly enough, I’ll be voting Dem in our Senate race, but may write myself in for Representative–the GOP incumbent is a God-bothering blowhard, and his Libertarian opponent is nuts. Don’t think there is a Dem candidate.

Our judicial races are non-partisan, but I’m voting for the incumbents in the local races. Both are good judges.

Really? What do you see in that guy?

You’re kidding. Don’t you think that’s going a bit too far?

Yes, this was my first time I voted in any sort of election. I wouldn’t say I was extremely well informed though-I mostly read the relevant Ballotpedia articles and the voter’s guide to form my judgements.

Holy shit, you can vote now? Wow, where did the time go?

Welcome to the club. Every impression I’ve had of you is that whether or not I agree with your choices, you are (and will be) a well informed and serious voter. Enjoy!

I voted straight Democrat, for what it’s worth in Tennessee. More important to me are the proposed amendments to the state constitution. There’s a couple really nasty pieces of work brought to us by the Republicans.

“Amendment 1: Shall Article I, of the Constitution of Tennessee be amended by adding the following language as a new, appropriately designated section: Nothing in this Constitution secures or protects a right to abortion or requires the funding of an abortion. The people retain the right through their elected state representatives and state senators to enact, amend, or repeal statutes regarding abortion, including, but not limited to, circumstances of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest or when necessary to save the life of the mother.”

I was somewhat buoyed by hearing two older women in line (I voted early) talking about someone they knew who had an abortion to save her life and what a difficult decision that had been and how these things should be between a woman and her doctor. But then as I was leaving, I heard a younger women say “there’s more regulation for a nail salon than an abortion clinic!” I’m just glad my uterus is past its use-by date.

“Amendment 3: Shall Article II, Section 28 of the Constitution of Tennessee be amended by adding the following sentence at the end of the final substantive paragraph within the section: Notwithstanding the authority to tax privileges or any other authority set forth in this Constitution, the Legislature shall not levy, authorize or otherwise permit any state or local tax upon payroll or earned personal income or any state or local tax measured by payroll or earned personal income; however, nothing contained herein shall be construed as prohibiting any tax in effect on Jan. 1, 2011, or adjustment of the rate of such tax.”

I don’t particularly want a state income tax but come on. Never? Ever? Oh, that’s right, if we need some new revenue we can always jack up the sales tax. Or property tax. Or something else that will largely affect poor people.

Needless to say, I voted “no” for both of these. And I’m cautiously hopeful that they won’t pass.

Qin Shi congratulations on your first voting experience. Less because of the actual voting (in my book) than because it’s a marker of adulthood. congratulations on being an adult!

I apparently live in the 15th district of Illinois, but I couldn’t figure out where the congressional candidate was on the ballot, so I didn’t vote for representative. Beyond that, I voted:

Quinn for governor (D)
Durbin for senator (D)
For increasing the income tax on incomes over $1,000,000.
For increasing the minimum wage.
Against giving crime victims more rights in terms of trials & sentencing.
Against amending the state constitution to protect voting rights.
Against requiring health insurance plans to cover birth control.
For enlarging the local high schools.
Left all the other races blank.

Have not voted yet, but my ballot will include:

US House: Sean Patrick Maloney
Governor: Andrew Cuomo
State Senate: Terry Gipson
State Assembly: Frank Skartados

…and with that information, plus the fact that I was recently redistricted into Maloney’s district from Maurice Hinchey’s former district, you could determine the municipality I live in, if you were so inclined.

There’s no real interest in my listing a full ballot (and why does NY make it so hard to vote absentee nor have any early voting?) but I’ll hit the highlights. Voting pretty much D (although perhaps not on the D line thanks to fusion voting) with the notable exception of Hawkins and Jones on the Green line for Gov and Lt. Gov respectively. The most interesting race for my area is the State Senate 46th district (the one the legislature jammed in to make a 63rd Senate district by splitting Albany County and screwing with the downstate/upstate district populations) which is a rematch of the 2012 election that was decided by something like 18 votes. The win by Tkacyzk gave the Democrats a bare majority in the state senate, which was then lost thanks to four turncoat downstate DINOs.

Anyway, the propositions on the ballot in New York are a redistricting commission scheme which is better than the current system but still not very good, so that’s a no from me. There’s another proposal that allows for electronic copies of bills to be acceptable instead of paper, so that’s an easy yes. The third is a bond issue for $2 billion for school technology, which I’m voting no on because most (if not all) of the things they want to use the money for are not the kind of thing that should be paid for by a bond.