Who else doesn't decorate for Christmas?

Since our son married, we only decorate every other year. When the grand babies come, we decorate with a lit tree, stockings and a wreath. This year is not our year so no decorations.

Both our parents are elderly enough that they require help getting the tree and decor set in late November, so we help them and skip it for ourselves as we will usually have dinner with one side on eve and the other on day.

I am not religious and largely can’t be bothered putting up decorations for a couple of weeks when I’ll just have to take them down again. The cats might like the extra things to play with, or to try and eat, but my complete festive apathy means they won’t get the chance.

I don’t, but I always have a nativity scene at my house. My parents decorate very minimally, but again, they always have a nativity scene at their house. They may just put a bigger display during Christmas.

My mother collects Nativity scenes - she’s got dozens, and they all come out for Christmas. I assume they will this year also, but we won’t see them. Since we’re going to see the inlaws this year, I don’t expect to see my mom till some time in January, by which time, all the decorations will be stowed again.

I stopped putting up indoor decorations some years ago because of the cats; objects dangling from trees and little nativity figures are just too much temptation. Not to mention tinsel and decorative straw.

I may put up a string of lights outside the door or around the inside of the window–in fact, I did put up the string inside the box window over the weekend, but the new kitten keeps pulling on it, which none of the previous cats did, so I think it will have to be taken down.

No lights, no wreaths, no tree, no presents, no cards. We ignore the holiday until it goes away.

Hitler?

Now that my sons are gone, with families of their own, I don’t spend the holidays at my house anymore. I visit one on Thanksgiving and the other on Christmas, so doing much in the way of decorating would be silly. I’ve reduced my decorating to my fireplace. I put out some treasured items on the mantel, along with a faux garland with white lights. I light a big fire and play a little Christmas music. That’s about the extent of it for me.

We don’t decorate, although a lot of people do over here, for Christmas or New Year’s. We just can’t be arsed.

I never ornaments or lights that all look the same on the same tree. I don’t mind a tree of mishmash ornaments but I don’t have enough. Whenever anyone gets me an ornament as a present, I save it for if I ever do put up a tree but I have less than a fifth of what I’d need. But even if I had enough I still wouldn’t put one up because I never have any visitors.

No decoration, & no tree.

I’m a bachelor–Xmas is for families.

We don’t decorate. Occasionally we’ll put up a Christmas tree (fake) but not every year (we’re not doing it this year). We have several cats, and cats are murder on decorations, but the main reason is just that neither of us really cares. We have more interesting things to do with our free time and put out a bunch of bric-brac and knickknacks.

My mom used to decorate the heck out of our house for the holidays (she loved Christmas) and I kinda miss that. I wouldn’t mind living in a house with a lot of holiday decorations, but not enough that I’ll actually do them myself.

We’re not doing anything this year. We have decided a tree every other year is more than sufficient. I have no use for Christmas, so I’d prefer we ignore it every year, but my wife likes to do something when the grandson will be around. Maybe because I grew up in a home that didn’t do much (except presents) on xmas, I find no joy in any of the traditions or decorations.

I’m lukewarm at best. Some years I decorate (inside) and the decorations are gorgeous, but I’m a lazy shit and they not only have to be put up but taken down as well. Probably the worst is trying to get all the stuff back into the boxes and getting the boxes back on the shelves. For some reason that shit just doesn’t fit.

I’m especially not inspired this year for a similar reason as Burpo - one of the pups we got for Christmas 13 years ago will not see the holiday this year. My condolences you and your family Burpo.

Thank you, Dr. Woo, same to you and yours. I advise you to spoil the other dog(s) rotten(er), it helps. To anyone keeping score, I already sent a Thank You PM to Zipper. We got a good crew here at SDMB.

I’m Christian, and guess what? That’s me too.

I live in a small apartments and have no children. I’d just have to take everything down and store it anyway.

Me too - I’m retired, live alone and am not Christian.

I can find other things to spend money on!

I don’t. I used to love Christmas and decorating, but I am alone now, my house is a disaster, and I have absolutely no Christmas spirit. I’d just as soon forget the whole damned thing.

Our decorations go on the inside. No particular reason why we don’t do outside, just never have.

I share a small townhouse with my sister, two dachshunds and a lotta furniture. No room for a tree. So, we put a couple of strings of small lights in the greenhouse window over the kitchen sink, and my money guy sends me a fresh wreath from Maine every year that goes on the front door.

That’s it.