Who has embarrassed your state the most?

I’m just thankful that neither Gov. Judy (Lapdog) Martz or that Blue Dipshit got much nationwide publicity.

The nutjobs who did get a lot of press (Unibomber, bar Jonah, assorted Utah whackos) weren’t actually FROM Montana, so they shouldn’t count. Maybe the Freemen, but most of them weren’t FROM home, either.

I’m going with that Blue Dipshit Stan Jones - Wikipedia.

Home state: Massachusetts

Seeing as how he’s made trash-talking MA part of his campaign platform, I’d say Mitt Romney is as embarrassed by us as we are by him.

Also:
Mike Dukakis. Nice guy, but that ‘Rocky the Flying Squirrel’ photo of him in the tank will never be lived down.
The members of the Boston Police force who shit their pants over a Mooninite.
Current residence: Tokyo (yeah, it’s a state)

So many moronic politicians residing here, but most are ostensibly representing some other region. Our number-one local embarrassment, IMO, is Governor Shintaro “Blinky” Ishihara. Here’s a selection of some of his greatest hits:
“Old women who live after they have lost their reproductive function are useless and are committing a sin.”
“Roppongi is now virtually a foreign neighborhood. Africans — I don’t mean African-Americans — who don’t speak English are there doing who knows what. This is leading to new forms of crime such as car theft. We should be letting in people who are intelligent.”
“[The Rape of Nanking] is a lie made up by the Chinese.”
“A bomb was planted there. I think it was deserved.” - After ultranationalists planted a bomb at the home of the Deputy Foreign Minister.

And yet, he’s just been elected to a third term, so maybe I should be more embarrassed by the citizens of Tokyo.

Duke Cunningham…his cry baby act alone should put him in California’s top (bottom?) five politicians.

Since I’m from his district, I’ll go with Bob Ney. Oh, he’s small potatoes, but still. Bob Ney.

And there’s always former Governor Bob “What? I was supposed to declare the golf outing that nice lobbyist paid for?” Taft. Yeah, the Ohio list is pretty much endless.

I grew up in Indiana, so…

Dan Quayle

and

Michael Jackson.

For WV—Randy Moss. He was a troublemaking oaf when he lived here and hasn’t changed a whit since.

Bob Fucking Taft. What a useless waste of space. On the plus side, he did win Ohio the distinct honor of having Time magazine’s “Worst Governor in the United States”.

We have a list here that could go on way too long. Frankie Coleman anyone?

Originally from California.

I nominate the entire city of Berkeley and the entire state for turning itself into a worldwide laughingstock during the recall election. I considered lying about where I was from during that debacle.

But now I call Illinois home. God, where to start? I’ll go with the entire freaking Chicago city government for its incredible ability to pump out scandal after scandal.

The state government is an embarrassment, too. According to the Sun-Times, 40% of all Illinois governors have faced federal charges. That article is from 2003, so I’ll add that its subject, former governor Jim Ryan, was also sentenced to prison last year.

And yet, for some reason that doesn’t seem as embarrassing to me as the time Gov. Rod Blagoevich went on the Daily Show without being aware it’s a satire. In 2006, for heaven’s sake!

I’m a native NYer.

Rudy pre 9/11 I think I’ll divorce my wife on national television instead of telling her directly Giuliani did a darn fine job of embarrasing my state. With his ceaseless pandering to the right wing I think he’s still embarrasing us.

Chuck Schumer’s endless publicity hunts make me cringe and I voted for him several times.

I’ve always lived in Indiana & I think Jim Jones certainly outranks them both.

I guess some people like him, but I wish that Ted Nugent was from somewhere else.

Last year during investigations into campaign contributions, and other like stuff, the following occurred. 0% of Wisconsin residents polled had confidence in their elected officials. Has any other state had that happen?

Bob’s my fourth cousin :eek:

I’m in New Jersey, and McGrivey made me wonder if I’d fallen into the Twilight Zone.

Why hasn’t the name of Tom Cruise appeared in this thread yet?

Also under Louisiana - Britany Spears

Wyoming is my home state. I try to forget it’s Dick Cheney’s too.

Non-native Californian checking in.

And it’s clearly L. Ron Hubbard. No one else is in the same league.

I actually met Carnahan my freshman year of high school when I attended a forum on gun control before the 2000 elections. It was supposed to be for all MO candidates: senate, governor, reps etc. None of the republicans showed up IIRC. Mel was super nice, and you bet I had a “Still With Mel” pin on my bookbag.

I think in Maryland we need to be most embarrassed that George W. Bush beat everybody in the last presidential election except John Kerry. That he should beat a handful of others is amazing to me.