WHO Has SAVED Christmas? Also, who HASN'T, but SHOULD?

I think there should’ve been a Three’s Company where Chrissy got to save Christmas.

Seeing as that’s her name and all, it just seems apropos.

Satan. Though a clerical error, Satan is tasked with Christmas, while Santa is gets the job of tormenting sinners. On this Christmas, the naughty kids get some really interesting toys ("Daddy? What’s a ‘Necronomicon?’ "). Meanwhile, Santa is faced with a dilemma; the naughty folk in hell all have plenty of coal.

Cthulhu ? (Have yourself a very Cthulhu Christmas)

How about The Avengers?

I thought it would be a cute, lighthearted idea for a Marvel cartoon show (it can’t be Earth’s Mightiest Heroes now; maybe the upcoming Avengers Assemble) where one of the characters, after a night of the team watching old Christmas specials, has an episode-length dream sequence that affectionately parodies those old specials. Done in stop-motion.

And you know how all those Rankin/Bass specials had a celebrity narrator of some sort, like Burl Ives as Sam the Snowman? What do you think of Stan the Snowman? :smiley:

There have been a ton of holiday set Marvel issues over the decades. Not all of them count, but at least a few feature the heroes stopping some world threatening villain, which would in turn save Christmas. First one that comes to my mind is Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #10, where Fury stops the Hatemonger from launching biological weapons on Christmas Eve.

The Grinch and Ebeneezer Scrooge do not save Christmas.

Christmas saves them.
Is there a Venture Brothers save Christmas?

Lots of people mentioned Fred Flintstone, but where’s Fred Claus? Or Buddy Hobbs, in*** Elf***?

Let’s see… Mickey Mouse and friends had to help Mrs. Claus rescue Santa, in an episode of The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Dore the Explorer’s cousin Diego had to rescue Santa with help from a llama.

Jesus rescued Santa from Iraq, on South Park, thereby saving Christmas.

All the kids pitch in pennies to pay off Santa’s mortgage in the godawful movie “The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t.”

The Labrador retriever puppy “buddies” had to save Christmas in Santa Buddies.

Now, since I already think ***Die Hard ***is the greatest Christmas movie of all time, I’d like to see John McLain (Bruce Willis) take out a bunch of terrorists who’ve taken over the North Pole and are holding Santa hostage.

I’d like to see a special where Adam and Eve save Christmas. Can’t get more nonsensical than that!

Lee Majors saved Christmas!

Buffy saves Halloween a few times.

Saved Christmas: All the major DC superheroes. I remember buying an oversized collection that reprinted the stories back in the 70’s.

I’d like to see Pyramid Head save Christmas.

In the late 80s or early 90s, there was a Superman story which established that Martha & Jon’s little boy gets thousands of letters each year, which sit at the post office most of the year as he’s slightly busy with alien invasions and hurricanes and volcanoes and such. During Yuletide he’d go to the post office and sort through the letters (in the story in question, Lois came along) and sorts through them–tossing anything whose aim is to make money but helping people he could help.

Anyway – after the Death of Superman storyline, Wonder Woman and some other Justice Leaguers decided to tackle the letters (again at Christmastime). Even in aggregate, though, they had a much harder time getting shit done than Clark would’ve.

I swear I didn’t see this post when I made mine…

Last night, Sheldon Cooper saved Christmas. Wait, no he didn’t.

Dropo the Martian

Superman reads his fan mail once a year?! :confused::rolleyes: Feeds into the whole Superdickery meme a little – what if someone wrote with a problem but it ripened (death, bankruptcy, etc.) while his/her letter was sitting gathering dust? Was he using this as a further weeding-out: “Oh well, he’s dead by now. Next letter!” :stuck_out_tongue: Or did they make it clear in the story that “everyone knows” Supes reads his mail only during Christmastime?

Actually, no, people in-universe don’t generally know that. Before the story, only Supes and the Metropolis Post Office generally; in the story, Lois found out because she was writing a story on the subject. And it’s not like he

I don’t see it as any sort of dickery. Superman’s slightly busy, after all, and he has a life of his own. Almost by definition, the concerns communicated in the letters weren’t emergencies, since at a minimum a couple of days must have passed before Superman could possibly have read it. And the story made the point of their being reasonable limits to what he could do with super-powers anyway, or wanted to do. Many of the letters were of the “If you’ll use your X-ray vision to help me find oil deposits, I’ll split half the proceeds with them”; he tossed those aside without responding.

As I recall, there was only one problem he could actualy address; an old German immigrant wanted to visit her sister in the homeland before either died, so he stopped mid-way through the letter-reading to fly her overseas. This took hours, since he couldn’t go anywhere near his top speed while carrying a passenger, and in the meantime Lois went through the letters, trashed all the money-making ventures, and sorted the rest for referrals to social agencies. That left a kid who wanted Superman to cure his father’s heart disease, which Supes couldn’t do; he went to talk to the kid anyway because he was a mensch.

Why should Superman be obliged to read his fan mail at all? It’s not like he owes his fans for buying his records.

…stupid, cheap-ass “FANS”

I have added a note to your already incredibly thick file.

If we’re nominating people, I’d like to say that saving xmas for the entire world is a difficult task. I don’t celebrate the holiday myself, but if Katy Perry wants to show up and punish me for being a scrooge, I’ll allow it. Rashida Jones if Katy’s busy. Or both; I’ve been very naughty.