Who has the best hambuger (fast food joints)

Actually, Dairy Queens vary a lot, but depending on the location, some of them put out fine examples of fast-food burgers. See the last post in this thread for an example.

A 30s-style burger? Like Superdawg does a fine 50s-style dog? I’m not that old, but I know that stand.

Except you don’t tip them when you go through the drive through… and you don’t tip them when you place a to-go order at the counter… just like any other fast food joint.

They do have the added bonus that if you want to sit at a table and have someone take your order, bring you your food, bring you refills of your drink, serve you on real plates with real silverware and clear your table when you are done… only then do you leave a tip.

Almost forgot to add that it is odd that the most votes (In N Out) are going to someplace that those of us who live in the other 90% of the US don’t have access to. I’ve tried it… wasn’t impressed.

Can someone explain the IN&Out love to me? Not because I’ve never been, I have, I live in LA. But the meat (which is what makes or breaks it for me) is completely generic. I like the grilled buns and fixin’s, but the meat is a C+/B at best.

Carl’s Six Dollar burgers, whatever the variety, are excellent meat-wise, as are Wendys and some of the Jack burgers. (Just some, not all!)

I think their meat is perfectly adequate for a hamburger, but it’s the cheese that’s really excellent. The purist in me wants to grade heavily on the meat, but the fact is that for me, decent meat, good buns and fixings, and really good cheese manage to beat everything else. Oh, and the onions. I love the thick slices of whole onions you get on them. Mmmm…I’m not even hungry and I’m craving some In-N-Out now!

ETA: You know, there’s also something about the In-N-Out burger as well that transcends the individual ingredients. The proportions of everything just seem right. In some ways the single cheeseburger is even better than the Double Double that way.

See, my problem is that Wendy’s burgers always tasted insipid and flavorless to me. At least McDonald’s has it’s own peculiar flavor. In N Out’s meat I find perfectly beefy and cooked just right for that style.

In & Out, by a mile.

Speaking as someone who hasn’t lived near one for six years now.

The new one in Fremont is very good, IMO.

And in three of those states, they’re only in a single city. For all practical purposes, In-n-Out is a California chain.

Yeah, I was shocked (and delighted) to find they were in the Phoenix area when I visited my SO’s parent’s for the first time. I thought they were a California-only chain. So that gives me at least three reasons to visit Phoenix (parents, In N Out, and Pizzeria Bianco, among the best damned pizzas in all the land. It’s my favorite so far, but there’s still a whole landscape of pizza to explore. New Haven, I’m looking at you.)

Backyard Burger it’s only in a few states right now. Thankfully my city has 4 locations. :smiley:

Sonic is my second choice.

We had a Steak & Shake but it closed over ten years ago. I never felt it was worth the extra money they charged.

Yup.

I dont know what three states you are talking about,but they are certainly in more than one city in California,Arizona and Nevada.

Regular McDonald’s burgers suck, but I’m really partial to their Angus one. Burger King also does Angus well. Hardee’s screws it up with the lack of seasoning.

Sonic’s actual meat isn’t great, but the fixins are great. Their onions + their mayo? Awesome.

Pretty much everywhere else in the poll or mentioned in other threads are just the same burgers I can make myself. Good, I guess, but the point of takeout food is to get food that you can’t make at home. (Or don’t have time for, but that’s not a taste thing.) The reason I go to them is that I want to feel more full.

Anyways, it’s between Burger King’s and McDonald’s Angus burger. I think I’ll go with McDonald’s. But I’d be more likely to go to Burger King because they have better fries.

In that line-up? In-and-Out takes it in a walk, and I’ve never even had one of their burgers.

I’m going to be utterly alone on this one, but I’ve always loved Roy Rogers bacon cheeseburger best. There’s something very charming and enchanting about the DIY fixins bar. I was quite livid when McD’s bought them and closed/converted them, but thankfully there are enough independent ones that I can still visit one when I need to.

I’d have picked whataburger if it was an option. So I chose other.

Wait a second. I misread the thread title. The only place I know with good hambugers is at my cousin’s farm. The nostrils on those pigs are huge!

My mistake. There are In-n-Out’s in two cities in Nevada: Reno and Las Vegas.

Huh, I am one of two people who voted for McDonald’s. I am just in love with the reconstituted onions they put on their small burgers, and the mustard/ketchup combination. I also have an unhealthy thing for Big Macs. You can keep any of their other burgers. Thankfully, I don’t really indulge that often.

I know I’m going to be burned at the stake, but I don’t care for their fries, unless maybe I get to eat the first handful hot out of the grease. No way are they still delicious by the time I get them home, though. Give me Rally’s fries any day.