Who has the best permanent scowl?

ahem - I think I’m right up there.

mmm

I’d say the same for Danny Trejo.

Kate Winslet is always frowning through her smiles.

Danny is scary as fuck! Except when he is doing things with children, Then he really smiles. A little bit.

He did get into a major car accident while working on The College Dropout that caused his jaw to be wired shut for like a month, or something, and a plate being put in his jaw (“Through the Wire” being the most direct track about this, but is referenced a few times through the album.) I suppose over time with aging, this may alter one’s visage.

Seems to me the Trumps have nailed down the championship. Her, it’s just her take on what makes a model attractive, the death stare of a woman who hates your guts, and to him, he thinks a scowl is the look of someone in authority, which he is always striving towards. On the both of them, it just makes them look like petulant douchebags, but they seem to like the gravitas they think it lends to them

I nominate Tommy Lee Jones.

The late, always great, Bea Arthur.

‘It’s awful — I’ve got the kind of face that if I’m not smiling I look cross. But I’m not cross. If you try to smile for two hours continuously it gives you a nervous tic. But the moment I stop smiling somebody will say, “Doesn’t she look cross?”’

(I can certainly sympathize!)

I don’t know if I would call it a scowl, a sneer, or whatever, but Mariska Hargitay has this thing with her upper lip like all her co-workers have been eating egg salad sanwiches and somebody just let a fart.

I have to think Ray Liotta was at lweast trying to smile here.

Yes! That is100% correct!

That’s me too. Although thankfully, unlike the late Queen, I have no professional reason to need to smile for hours. That’d suck.

It’s always fun to laugh at Anne Ramsey’s face, until you learn about her cancer.

For my money, nobody has perma-scowl like this guy.

Perhaps I am being very German here, but don’t at least the pictures of Lagerfeld, Khomeini, Victoria Beckham, John Houseman, Dick Cheney and Bea Arthur show a facial expression in the normal, nonsmiling range rather than a scowl?

Good one. I was thinking of a different Queen

Admiral Sir John Fisher evidently maintained
a scowl/smirk for several decades.

We are not amused.

Yeah, I would say for some of those I agree. Cheney looks like he’s about to shoot you. Bea Arthur looks like she doesn’t approve of whatever hijinks you’re up to. Khomeini looks perfectly normal. Lagerfield looks somewhat grumpy, I guess. Victoria’s eyes are accusatory, but her lips aren’t really what I would call a scowl. Houseman is in the scowly range, but just so.