Who is Mr. Ruda Duda?

Seriously, did anyone ever figure out who he was, anyway?

Truthfully, I was just getting a little nostalgic for the old board. I never thought this would happen, but I really do miss the old RD thread. Hey, any thread that can get 200+ posts in one day is pretty remarkable, even if three quarters of them are flames and the other quarter are about basketball.

Here’s a list of people I would like to see:
Andrea
Rosh
Zil
Ian
Gary
WhoIsJohnGalt <g>
Kelly
Stevicus

And other people I miss but can’t think of cause I should be in bed right now anyway.

~Kyla

Ruda Duda is a member of the minor nobility of one of the Eastern European countries. The answer was actually provided in one of the first five or six posts to the thread.

The thread started south after one of the responses to the egregious insulting of the Queen Mum downplayed a different poster’s response due to their age and Ben hijacked the thread to claim that age had no bearing on any decisions.

It didn’t get to 900 posts simply battling Bennie, however. There were also side discussions regarding marital/nonmarital fidelity, interpretations of Christian Scripture, the inevitable appearance of Bob and George quarrelling over basketball, and several other sub-threads.

Tom~

I think I will start a thread called “Why Do Cat’s Butts…”

Weave a circle round him thrice,
And close your eyes with holy dread,
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.–Coleridge

Dang it, a quarrel over basketball and I missed it!!! I need to get in touch with those Bob and George characters.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

No problem, Mull, wander over to Great Debates and post that either the players of the 60’s or the players of the 90’s were obviously the superior bunch.

(Heck, post that we can’t really compare the two groups.)

You guys will probably overwhelm the numbers for Kansas Board, The earth is flat, and Guy Stuff combined in about four days. (Just keep it in a single thread so that the rest of us can avoid it, please.)

Tom~

We need a good ketchup war!

-Melin
Also misses Stevicus

The blood curdling scream heard in my office was finding this thread title alive once again.

I too miss Stevicus and Ian. Fun guys!

SoxFan59
“Its fiction, but all the facts are true!”

Soxfan, I consider that an ageist remark! ;p Ah, nostagia . . .

-M

Die, foul crouton!

Again, apologies for my post that incensed Ben to go on his tirade against ageism…I remember the beginning of the thread distinctly…sigh

Anybody got any good kilt jokes?

-Melin

{{ It didn’t get to 900 posts simply battling Bennie, however. There were also side discussions regarding marital/nonmarital fidelity, interpretations of Christian Scripture, the inevitable appearance of Bob and George quarrelling over basketball, and several other sub-threads. }} Tom

Whoo hoo! Am back to top billing!

Oh, and Mullinator? Deride Bill Russell at your peril. :wink:

Tourist: Excuse me but I always wanted to know what’s worn under a kilt.
Scotsman: Why nothing is worn under the kilt,madam, it’s all in good working order.