Who is the least religious of the candidates?

Most likely Sanders.

This is why I don’t trust sources like ThinkProgress, because they are an advocacy group, not an objective news source. Here’s the quote in context:

Now, Rand’s message is a bit muddled there, but it looks like he’s talking about foreigners coming into the country and whether we should be screening people based on their actions prior to coming here.

I think it’s unreasonable, based on his history, to think that Rand Paul really believes an American citizen should be thrown in jail for “listening to radical political speeches” which is the claim made by DrDeth.

I’d guess Trump is the least religious, followed by Sanders.

Do I have to rebut this a fifth time? On what issue does Ron Paul adopt an authoritarian stance?

You could read the thread.
He’s about as libertarian as Stalin. His views on abortion are straight out of the Evangelist Christian handbook.http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...t-libertarian/
Rand Paul Opposes Abortion Rights, Sponsored Legislation That Would Make All Abortions Illegal
Rand Paul vehemently opposes abortion rights. He is a sponsor of “The Life at Conception Act,” a radical piece of legislation associated with the personhood movement that says “human life begins at the moment of conception, and therefore is entitled to legal protection from that point forward.” The purpose of the legislation is to outlaw all abortion.

Rand Paul Opposes Same-Sex Marriage, Finds It ‘Offensive’
Rand Paul is a vocal opponent of same-sex marriage. Paul said the idea of a marriage between a same-sex couples “offends myself and a lot of people.”

Rand Paul Supports A Massive Increase In Defense Spending
Rand Paul Opposes The Legalization Of Marijuana
Rand Paul Suggested Putting People In Prison For Listening To ‘Radical Political Speeches’
http://www.religionnews.com/2015/04/...th-never-easy/

Did you read my post? I said “Ron”.

Anyway opposition to abortion is not authoritarian. Many libertarians oppose abortion on the grounds that the fetus has rights. Not complicated.

Being offended by same-sex marriage is just that. It is not authoritarian to be offended. In any case, decentralization is a common theme in much libertarian thought. So there you go.

Those other issues are rand’s problems, not Ron’s, thanks for playing.

Rand was the only republican in recent debate who didn’t back increased government snooping into our phones and email, so there’s that.

Except the GOP wasn’t going anywhere under the pre-TRUMP status quo. Instead it was a party that had increased its dominance in Congress and state governments-the “muh Republicans are stupid old white people who are gonna die off” strategy has been a disaster and additionally has resulted in the subversion of the Democratic Party by plutocratic forces who need to be purged from the party as soon as possible much as Stalin rid the CPSU of the Trotskyites.

We’ve had a few “Born Again” US Presidents.

A good portion of libertarians including the Pauls are really states’ rights fetishists.

Donald Trump Goes To Church And Beclowns Himself.

I know quite a few agnostic/atheist libertarians who are anti-abortion on the basis that it violates the fetus’ rights as an individual. And believe that the fetus is an individual based on science (it has a heartbeat, different DNA that the mother, etc), not religion.

Libertarians love to argue about who is a “real” libertarian and who is not, but Rand Paul is the most libertarian of the Republican candidates. His dad a little more so. But no, not a straight hardcore 100% libertarian, I don’t think anyone is claiming that. Many believe he also downplays some of his libertarian leanings to pander to the Republican party somewhat.

And taking away a woman’s right to choose based upon your religious views is indeed, authoritarian.

Rons not running, so what’s you’re point?

The Pope.

As a counterpoint, I’d argue that having your world leaders think and act rationally is very important. Especially the ones that control countries with the ability to destroy much of the world. Having leaders make decisions based on personal religious revelation, or whatever they claim is their religious insight, is the short track to living in a theocracy.