Who is the Voice of Your Robot House?

Dolly Parton. She’d be awesome. Sassy, heart of gold and could sing me to sleep.

Peppered with a little Hugh Laurie would be nice…if I could pick when. :wink:

OMG, I do want to be surrounded by smartasses!

James Earl Jones. (Darth Vader!)

Charton Heston (Not my choice.)

Sidney Greenstreet from the “Maltese Falcon.” “By Gad, sir, your glass is empty.” (Peter Lori, anyone?)

Jeeves from the PBS programs. I can’t immediately find a cite.

An old friend could do a voice that can only be described as ‘Munchkin.’ But I think I’d prefer something non-cartoony. I’d tire of anything silly very quickly.

I like JSexton’s Irish lass. Always friendly even when delivering bad news: “There are 7,348 termites in the west wing, gov’nor.”

I have an affinity to voices with a Southern accent, particularly Virginia and North Carolina. When I hear one, I’m likely to throw my wallet and car keys on the table and hear “Simply Irresitable” in my head.

Sassy, a charter member of this very board, has a sultry voice at times that I find very appealing. Much like Loren Becall.

Whatever I pick, I’d be ready for a change in six months.

Yo mama?

Fran Drescher

For people I hate.

WC Fields

Not sure yet, but maybe Alyson Hannigan. :slight_smile:

James Earl Jones should be the Voice of Everything in the Universe

ok, maybe a George Carlin alarm clock that says “Hey! Get your ass up!”

Since I’d be constantly at odds with this house, I’d want a voice that would properly inspire a certain apprehension in the listener.

Jack Nicholson

askljdsdf

Okay, can we do a time-share? Please? Pleeeease?

I sense a disturbance in the port-cauchere.

Kelsey Grammer. I’d marry that man’s voice if it were possible.

John Cleese.

Or Stephen Fry, but not the Jeeves voice, more like the “Hitchhiker’s Guide” voice. Jeeves is a little too servile-sounding.

Katy Segal

Hands down: Don LaFontaine.

In a world where your Hot Pockets will be ready in 30 seconds …”

"You may have thought your laundry would be dry before you had to leave for work … "

“The mail’s in … and this time, it’s personal.”

Denis Leary!

I would never get sick of his voice, or his attitude.

Ever since I was a youngster, I’ve thought that the Late Sir John Gielgud had the most beautiful and expressive voice. I’d love for my robotic house to speak in Gielgud’s voice.

CP: “Terminate.”
:slight_smile:

I’d be afraid he’d slap me around when I got drunk and say hurtful things to me that I only half-understood.

Stephen Fry (as Jeeves)

Me “House, start dinner.”
House: “Bite my spackled drywall ass!”

I could live with that.

I like the idea of a variety of settings. I’d need me some George Clooney, some James Garner, some Michael Douglas, and maybe a bit of Gabriel Byrne. I’ll get in the Sean Connery line, too.