Who kisses their dogs on the lips?

I love my dog like a son, but I would never kiss him on the lips.

Listen, if I’m going to kiss anyone’s lips, they better be nice, full, female lips of the human variety. What my dog has to offer looks more like rubber gaskets. Besides, if he slipped me the tongue it’d go so far down my throat I’d probably gag.

Whooooz mommies iddle puppy den?
Whoooooo izzit?
Whooooz mommies favrit widdle puppy den?
<smooch>

It makes me want to heave.
[sup](the kissing and the stupid baby talk)[/sup]

My parents’ dog, Gracie, has an awful lot of teeth so when I’m visiting she gets kisses on her head. If she’s asleep.

I do, however, frequently kiss my two cats, and of course the ferrets get kisses galore. On them pointy widdle noses. Awwww…!

Ive never kissed my dog on the lips and thankfully he isnt a licker. But there are some breeds that are really tongue happy I think.

I love to kiss my dogs right between their eyes. They all know to hold still when I bend down to kiss them.

#1 dog Sasha is a maniacal licker. She would just about lick your face off if you’d let her (we don’t.) But I do like the fact that when she hears me crying, she comes to lick the tears off my face. She can’t stand to see me cry…

I never kiss my dog on the lips intentionally. I always go for the top of the head or snout because I figure if she’s licking her nethers, those areas stay clean during the whole process.

However, she’s a wiggly, kissy dog and she has on occaission, um, slipped me the doggy tongue. My response is always, “Ooooh, how yucky of you!” said in a very loving voice. Then I go gargle with peroxide.

I kiss my cats and my dog on the face in various places. A golden retriever’s “lips” is a pretty large area, though, and since his mouth is never closed, I don’t kiss him there. He does lick my face/mouth sometimes though, and it doesn’t bother me. My cats lick my face, too. I wuv dose widdle kisses.

-Opal
who slept most of last night with her cheek pressed against one of her cat’s cheeks.

I like to kiss and love on my dogs. They are my babies. I do however try to stay away from “toliet kisses”. I call them that ever since I caught one of them licking the moisture from the outer bottom of the toliet bowl. God I hope it was just moisture. Who knows?

I kiss my spoiled brats on the nose, right between the eyes. They cannot control their lickers either, so will occasionally stick their tongues right in my mouth. This causes much consternation because, not only do they lick their own and each other’s butts… (wait for it) my boy dog also eats any poop he can get his mouth on. Blech. I just go brush my teeth and get on with life.

My dog doesn’t really get kisses from me, definitely not on the lips, maybe on the forehead every so often - scritches and hugs, but not many kisses. He’s too damn furry. My dog is not a kisser, more of a sniffer, so thankfully he doesn’t slip me the tongue.

one word: cat-box breath!

When I was 13, I practiced kissing on my cat.

I’ve since stopped–but I’ve been told I’m very good at kissing.

Pablito, where are you kissing your cat? :eek:

:wink:

I’m a little confused about the dog/lips thing. I think my dog’s “lips” are all covered in her face fur. I don’t even know where they are.

It does remind me, though, that she had a medical “issue” a few months back and I had to say to the vet that my husband and I were constantly kissing/cuddling her and asked if we could possibly catch anything. It was embarassing.

Having seen our labrador lick poop there is NO LIP KISSING!!! of course he did once lick me on the lips when I wasn’t expecting it and I spent about 1 hour sterilsing my lips/mouth GROSS.

I figure I’ve been on both the giving and the receiving end of anilingus* enough times, and I’ve never gotten horribly sick from that, that smooching my pets isn’t really going to do me in.

*with a human!!

Ugh, no. I don’t let them lick my face, either.

Hell, I’ve french kissed dogs that weren’t even mine.

I also just have to weigh in and say (although I’m probably a total weirdo) it amazes me how many pet owners are saying that they don’t smooch on the lips (whatever that may mean) with their furry friends. I suddenly feel like a complete wacko.

I wuff my widdle schnookie-pookies!:smiley: