Who makes the best Chicago deep dish pizza?

Uno’s all the way! :smiley:

I haven’t seen Bacino’s mentioned yet in this thread. Another “stuffed” style that is very good.

I voted Giordanos largely because I prefer “stuffed” to “Deep-dish”. That said, Pequod’s kicks the crap out of all of them when it’s right. Unfortunately they can be really inconsistent, and more frequently than is acceptable you’re left asking “where’s the cheese at?”

Trust me, if you think that’s gloppy, you’d have a mess on your hands with cheese on the bottom of one of those pies. Like I said above, my strong preference is for thin crust pizza, but it’s silly to refer to all the deep dish places in the poll as “for tourists.” While I don’t like some of those places at all, they all make a pizza that are reasonable examples of their style. You might just not like that style, which is completely understandable.

I have yet to find a beef I like at any pizza place. When I want a beef, there’s maybe a half dozen beef stands I like to go to in the area, and that’s it (Chickie’s, Johnnie’s, Pop’s, The Patio, and Portillo’s. Once in awhile, I like Al’s, but only the Taylor Street location.)