Who paid for my subscription?

If it turns out that it wasn’t really bare, then it was me. If bare did pay for you, then I guess I’ll have to come clean and admit that it wasn’t me.

Australia Post do International Money Orders via Western Union (they charge a percentage of the amount sent as a fee, IIRC), and you could also do a Direct Deposit into their bank account, but this will probably cost you more in bank fees than the USD$15 membership.

Another option would be to send the appropriate person a parcel full of Aussie Goodies- Marmite/Vegemite, Cadbury’s Chocolate, little plush Koalas/Kangaroos, etc as a “Thank You”.

I’d also like to thank the person who paid my membership, as well. I know who they are in RL but not on the boards, ironically enough. Still, my thanks once again!

I know the words to “Oklahoma”, but it wasn’t me.

Huh, that’s a pretty good idea. Tim Tams, Vegemite and a drop bear :slight_smile:

Imagine my surprise to get an e-mail from FlyingRamenMonster tonight asking for my mailing address. Had to hurry here to see where our paths had crossed.

::bare, all shame-faced and kickin’ the dirt with his toe, and wondering why he didn’t get any e-mail updates to this thread so he could have admitted the farce long before now.::

It really wasn’t me I’m sorry to say, besides, I’ve already been warned about marmite and vegemite.

Where’s a :TskTsk: smiley (complete with wagging finger) when you need it?

To the OP - “Not I, quoth the fly.”

Grim

In defense of Vegemite, people unfamiliar with the stuff tend to spread it way, way too thickly. It’s not peanut butter, man :slight_smile:

I just had an interesting thought… what if my mysterious benefactor has already posted in this thread, saying that they didn’t do it? Curse you, internets, and the anonymity you offer! We may never know the truth :frowning:

Two things: Firstly, there is no defence of Vegemite. It is a foul abomination, and yea, it must be purged from the shelves and pantries of our Nation before its terrible influence spreads (heh) overseas!

And secondly, are they teaching American spellings in schools in Western Australia, FlyingRamenMonster? Last time I checked, Defence was spelt with a “C” and not an “S” in this country… :stuck_out_tongue:

Obviously it was THE Flying Ramen Monster himself (herself?) Manna from heaven…

er… Pasta from heaven.

If we deny you thrice do we win something?

Yup, Judas Priest tickets. :cool:

Not me. At least not while I was awake.

That’d be me, but no repayment necessary. The only reason I’m speaking up is so you won’t call me a poopyhead, if/when the occasion arises. :wink:

Wasn’t me. I was outa town. And I have witnesses who will back me on that.