Who’s been vaccinated?

Got my second on Thursday. The place I got the first, a walk-in temporary set-up in a community centre, was shut down, so I had to make a formal appointment at my medical centre, and then it was postponed a further week, so the recommended three month gap between them was late by two weeks, but whatever. It’s done now. I’m all protected, as far as that goes.

Congratulations to everyone here who’s been vaccinated. I’m preaching to the choir, here, but they’re safe and effective and our best chance on getting through this.

No, but now that Pfizer is actually approved, it’s legal for doctors to prescribe it off-label.

Anecdotally, i know a bunch of women in their 70s who aren’t immune compromised (except that they are in their 70s) who have gotten a third dose. I suspect they’ve just lied about being immune compromised, but they might have gotten a doctor to approve it.

Just got my third Pfizer.

The pharmacist was all into it. He asked me to relax, take a deep breath and let it out. My first two were mere pinches, the third I didn’t feel at all. He also told me if I had no immediate evidence of allergic reaction I could leave immediately after the third.

Certainly doctors can prescribe Pfizer off label for that purpose, but I haven’t heard of anyone getting it by prescription.

I’m not sure how it all works at the moment. I mean, it’s an approved drug now, but is the federal government still providing it for free? And if so, is that the exclusive source? Do the pharmacies have to agree to follow the official eligibility rules? Are those only set by states, or do the CDC statements about eligibility apply? And it’s clear that many people are getting it by lying.

I’m a little torn about it, because I would want a booster immediately if I were in a higher risk group. As it is, I do have a risk factor, and I got Pfizer on the 3 week schedule, so I would love to get a booster, and I’d also like it to be Moderna. I also can’t wait for my kids to be able to get vaccinated.

But I also trust in good science. I think part of the problem with some of what’s happened in the pandemic is from people thinking they can read up on stuff and know just as much as the people whose job it is to decide some of these things, and just decide for themselves what to do.

I just got vaccinated yesterday~~~with the annual flu shot.

Time for every one to go out and do that, to not only protect themselves and loved ones, but also to minimize pressure on our devoted medical caregivers.

Boo says: Go :syringe:Get :syringe:Your :syringe:Flu :syringe:Shot!

Don’t let it go by the wayside with all the brouhaha about delta and Covid vaccinations.

I just came to post the same exact thing! Got my flu shot yesterday, too.

Great minds!

Go :syringe:Get :syringe:Your :syringe:Flu :syringe:Shot! the rest of you!

My doctor will receive the flu-shots October 1. I have an appointment October 1 at 10 am.

Those of you mentioning getting your flu shots and a COVID-19 shot at the same time have led me to create a new thread asking about your experiences:

A lot of stuff I’ve read suggest getting the Flu shot in October.

Do get it, but verify the best time?

I usually get mine October or November.

Fever and backache from yesterday’s Pfizer booster. I love it.

I usually get mine whenever i get my annual check up. My doctor’s office uses the thiomersal-free single-use vials, and as a kid i had a nasty allergic reaction to thiomersal in contact-lens solution.

I’ve had bulk flu shots without incident, so it’s probably not important. But i was advised to avoid them.

Thanks for the reminder, Boo and everybody. I and Mr. brown will get our flu shots next weekend. We want it out of the way and have immunity kick in by the time we get on a plane to fly in mid-October.

Slightly dated article from the CDC says by End of October is best for Flu shots. September & October are best months for adults and seniors.

A recent WEBMD article does seem to support waiting an extra month though.

Results suggest that delaying vaccination timing by even 1 or 2 months might improve vaccine effectiveness by 10% to 20%, Ferdinands says, and this approach deserves consideration “if [it] doesn’t encroach on the annual influenza season, delay vaccine delivery, or reduce vaccine uptake.”

Not as specific as I would like, but October, November or even December sound like they would be more effective than September.

If traveling soon though, as soon as possible sounds like a sound call.

December is late enough that you may well be exposed to flu, first.

I agree, I’m sticking with mid to late October.

I received Pfizer, with a 5 week interval. Last shot was four weeks ago. No troubles, a bit of soreness after the first shot but virtually nothing on the second. Lucky me, my colleagues were up earlier this year and got AstraZeneca, with a lot more side effects.

I get my flu shot at the clinic I go to for dialysis. They usually give it in late September.

This is what the CDC has to say re timing:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/vaccinations.html

… September and October are generally good times to be vaccinated against flu. Ideally, everyone should be vaccinated by the end of October. Additional considerations concerning the timing of vaccination for certain groups include:

• Adults, especially those 65 years and older, should generally not get vaccinated early (in July or August) because protection may decrease over time, but early vaccination can be considered for any person who is unable to return at a later time to be vaccinated.…