Who should be the next host of "Jeopardy!"?

I didn’t know who he is either. But at least he’s easier to look at than Oz. MUCH easier.

He’s got a more well know career, too. Well, outside of the SD, well known. :slight_smile:

Wonder if we can get BJ Raji as another guest host?

You mean his appearance in Celebrity Jeopardy, right?

He should maybe get an acting coach to help with that.

[insert rimshot here]

Rodgers did fine IMHO. I will wait for more episodes before I give a more detailed critique.

Brian

Agree that he was fine. Hes a little too soft spoken to be a full time host, but he kept the game moving just fine.

That FJ answer was cold though.

I was taken aback at his “I never heard of it either” comment with regard to “sackbut.”

It was the last piece of trivia in the column. It was supposed to be difficult* He sounded as though he was seeing the word for the first time, though the staff goes through all the clues before each game…

Frankly, I thought he was terrible. He almost put me to sleep.

*Not all that difficult, actually. I’ve known what a sackbut was (is) for almost fifty years now.

For me, it was “since AD&D came out with the Complete Bard’s Handbook”.

I would have told him “That’s why they make Celebrity Jeopardy easier”.

I learned about it from my older brother, who was an authority on classical music. We briefly contemplated naming our respective cats (a male and a female) “Crumhorn” and “Sackbut.”

Yeah, that was an odd comment, given the way we know they run things (he must not have been paying attention).

Also, it’s in the Old Testament, fer corn’s sake. Not that everyone reads the Old Testament, but it’s not exactly an obscure source. (See Daniel 3:5, for example.)

\

:smile:

Go Bears!

Me as a contestant: “That’s when da bears SACK you on your BUTT, a-a-ron!”

Or he could have meant “I never heard of it either (before i first saw this clue)”.

I’m guessing that of all the potential guest hosts, he was one of those considered less likely to take the permanent job. :smiley:

Either way, it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence, does it?

If I needed to be confident that the game show host knew all the answers and could beat every contestant…yeah, I’d be concerned.

Except that sackbuts didn’t exist when the O.T. was written.

If he doesn’t know one as easy as “sackbut,” he’s got no business hosting. It’s not that obscure.

Trebek once said he probably knew 80% of the material before going into a briefing. I think that should be the minimum standard for a Jeopardy! host. After all, it ain’t The Price Is Right.

Good point. But isn’t that what we’re using for criteria for judging all of them - how would this person do as a permanent host? I think how the host sounds, and how they keep the game rolling, is a lot more important than if they had prior knowledge of “sackbut”.