Who should play James Bond after Brosnan?

I merged the two threads on this topic.

There’s another thread on the front page where people are speculating. I personally think Clive Owen would be perfect.

Or Bruce Campbell. :smiley:

According to AICN, it’s Eric Bana. They’ve been wrong before, though.

I think that **Alexis Denisof ** (aka Wesley from Buffy and Angel) would be good.

Okay, technically he’s American/Russian, but he does do a good British accent.

I’ve heard people suggest Christian Bale, I think he’d be great too.

How about Jude Law?

I can’t picture a blonde Bond. And Jude Law is a little too much of a pretty boy, in my opinion. Perhaps in a decade or so he, like Farrell, will have the look.

I’ve been a proponent of Clive Owen as next Bond for a while, though sometimes I’m concerned about his acting chops. Ewan Mcgregor MIGHT be able to pull it off.

My first choice, Sean Bean, is obviously disqualified.

As I summon all the Buffy fans, squealing with glee, into the thread…

James Marsters.

Kenneth Branagh.

Mel Gibson’s probably too old.

Speaking of heresy:

Elizabeth Hurley.

If it was up to me I’d pick Clive Owen, but not after making sure the script was a spy movie and not a collection of explosions and product placements. Pierce Brosnon was an excellet Bond, unfortunately he was in rather lackluster Bond movies.

Thank goodness no one has said Hugh Grant.

“Yes. Ah… so. You. Blofeld. That’s-- that’s really not necessary, is it? No. It’s not. No more world domination plans, there been quite enough of that, I’d say. Your gun, put it down, over there… I don’t want to, er, get rough with you? We’ve had quite enough excitement today without you needing to be such a blasted nuisance.”

Jason Statham if he can manage a credible English accent. He did a great job of being Bond-ish in “The Transporter” and he’s got good martial arts chops.

Richard E Grant, if only to get him away from those godawful Argos ads.

Actually, how about one of the McGanns?

I always thought Brosnan would be a good Bond and was really pleased when he got the role; then suddenly I have been bitterly disappointed with his performance.

New Bond?

Firth. Colin Firth.

Ooooooh, yeah.

On the subject of Colins:
Colin Farrell is too young
Colin Firth is not a bad idea; not a bad idea at all.
But my vote goes to Colin Salmon - he’d be pretty swoonworthy and swashbuckly.

Ian McKellan in…

Bond: 2045!!!

Jeremy Northam.

I could get behind Hugh Jackman, though he doesn’t seem he’d be as smooth as Northam. He might be more of a Timothy Dalton-esque Bond. shudder

Carey Elwes!

I really like the idea of Adrian Paul as the next Bond, but he doesn’t have a shot in hell.