Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

I assume this is a tv gameshow you’re all talking about? What station? How long has it been around? I’ve never heard of it…

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Oh. Sorry. Thought this was one of those trick questions like Sex or Sleep?

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Opal: Greed is from Dick Clark Productions. It was slammed into production with the Summer success of BAM and first pitched to NBC…then to FOX.
Fox was (is) having a lousey season and snapped it up. The first title of the show “All For One” was changed to “Greed” sometime early in October. I don’t think it was a coincidence that Fox got the 2-hour intro show on the air just 3 days before BAM was scheduled to reappear.

Yeah, & its $1.99 per call to get on. Thats how they raise the money for the show.

BTW Millionaire has been on the tube for years in England. That’s where they got the idea, as a matter of fact, the showroom looks just like it.

Ok, what about the one everyone is talking about though? The millionaire one? Is that what “BAM” is? that is the one I’m asking about.

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

The pacing on both these shows is incredibly annoying, though not quite as annoying as the music and lights. And the questions! Gawd, I thought Jeopardy had been dumbed down.

Me: not a repeat viewer.

O: Just got off airshift. By the time you read this the first night will have aired.
“Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” ABC
8:00 pm Central Sunday…off for Monday Night Football (which sounds like a relief to most of those on this thread) and on again 7:30 pm Central Tuesday Wednesday for 1/2 hour…then an HOUR(?)Thursday then back to half hour Friday.
Watch Regis d-r-a-g out the answer.

Why aren’t those Jeopardy guys on this show?

Some of those people on the Millionaire show are soooooo stupid for not using their “lifelines” when they have them at their disposal and are in the big money ranges.

How about that guy Monday night that was at $64,000 with all three lifelines left and got the question about octaves and admitted that he didn’t know much about music, but he guessed anyway without help…? Was that guy a dumbass or what?

But like me he probably thought OCTave, OCT must mean 8 so surely the answer is 8 and not 6 or 10 or 12. I probably would have done the same thing on that question. But for others maybe not.

Jeffery

Guess I just know too much about latin.

Wouldn’t he suspect that with a $64,000 question, the “obvious” answer might be a trick?

There’s actually controversy about that question also.
http://www.nypostonline.com/entertainment/17918.htm

“Trying is the first step towards failure.” Homer Simpson

Not on the OP but…

If an Octave only has 6 tones or whatever, what are the do, re, mi, fa, so,la, ti, do things? Thats 8 and I always thought those were the octave things?? No??

-Frankie

I’m not a shrimp, I’m a King Prawn.

-Pepe the Prawn

So why do we count “doe” twice? (ie. a, b, c, d, e, f, g, a) I vote for 7. If I can play two octaves that should be 16 notes (a, b, c, d, e, f, g, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, a, b) OOPS. Hmmm… I wonder if anyone ever considered if the new millennium should start in 2000 or 2001?

Anyway… my real point is that I think Greed is a much better show. I just watched it tonight and they gave away $1 million to three people ($400k, $400k, and $200K). I like the team concept and I especially like the “terminator” rounds. When the lady tonight realized she might lose her $200k I thought she was going to throw up. The fact that you can challange someone else and take their money adds much more to the show than Regis dragging out “is this your final answer?” The lady tonight asked a “why me?” with a look on her face that you would think she had a gun to her head. The challanger responded coldly with “I feel the need.” She lost and went home with nothing.

Classic TV.

Thought this was worth reviving this thread for…

If you’re a fan of WW2BA Millionaire, you can play simulated games at ABC’s Web site. (You need to download a Shockwave plugin to play it first; no big deal.)

Make sure you play Game #5 (11/11/99) and get to the $16,000 question. If only the question had shown up in the live version!

So why do we count “doe” twice? (ie. a, b, c, d, e, f, g, a) I vote for 7. If I can play two octaves that should be 16 notes (a, b, c, d, e, f, g, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, a, b) OOPS. Hmmm… I wonder if anyone ever considered if the new millennium should start in 2000 or 2001?

16 notes but only 12 whole tones. there is only 1/2 tone between b and c, and e and f.

I know this but probably would have said 8 just because of nerves.
sorry, wasn’t trying to hijack.

We live in an age that reads to much to be wise, and thinks too much to be beautiful–Oscar Wilde

Forget the actual show (GREED), what the hell’s up with Contestant #3’s hair???

>^,^<
KITTEN
Please tell your pants it’s not polite to point.