Who was in pajamas, Walter?

Shut the F*CK up, Donny!!

Like me, I bet most of you who read this thread thought of that IMMEDIATELY upon reading the title. That’s why I’m posting.

There’s a commercial on TV here (duh) for some over the counter sleep medicine. A single line in it demands my attention every time it comes on, no matter what else I’m doing at the time…

“Can’t Sleep?”

The phrase “…clown will eat me!” runs through my head every time I hear this.

EVERY time.

It’s one of those things that I just know is going to be there for the rest of my life.

For those who don’t know, this phrase “Can’t sleep, clown will eat me!” is repeated by Bart Simpson during one of the earlier episodes. Homer built him a bed that looked like a clown, and it was scary. That’s not what this thread is about.

This thread is about completely innocent, everyday phrases that have been utterly and completely ruined for you by the media. Specifically funny stuff but if ya got something else, I wanna hear it.

I’m not talking about phrases that came into existance because of their inclusion in TV or movies. “Heere’s Johnny” doesn’t count… too obvious, for one thing. Plus it was originally for Johnny Carson, anyway.

Even a phrase like “If it weren’t for my horse…” would count, since that’s a completely innocent phrase. Unless you knew WHY it was so funny, there’s nothing funny or amusing about it at all.

So, Dopers, Whatcha got? q;}

Another Simpsons one for me: I’m in several supper clubs, and whenever I’m asked to bring salad, I instinctively want to form a conga line singing, “You don’t win friends with sa-lad! You don’t win friends with sa-lad!”

Also, just the other day I was talking to someone about a new radio station and they asked, “What’s the frequency?” so I had to add, “Kenneth?”

If something in a conversation resembles any Simpsons line, I’m gonna run with it. Always happens. And half the time, I have to explain what I just said, which means a lot of my conversations get off track.

Oh, and when a cell phone goes off, “Phone’s ringin’, Dude” is always called for. A friend of mine did this during a showing of The Matrix once, it killed everybody.