Whoa ... The White Stripes!

Bought the new White Stripes album on Sunday. I already knew I liked “Fell In Love With A Girl” after seeing it on Craig Kilborn recently, and since the album was just $10, I figured I’d check it out.

DAMN!

I’m only halfway through it and, already, several songs have kicked my ass! The guitar is wonderfully rough and Jack White has this great voice that morphs into Black Francis when he gets loud. Meg White seems to have a pathological fear of syncopation, but that’s really a minor quibble. Good stuff!

Who needs a bass player?

I bought this a month or so ago, and I’m still finding new things to love about it everyday. My favourites right now are probably ‘The Union Forever’ and ‘I Think I Smell A Rat’, but that’s likely to change in the next 24 hours or so. :slight_smile: Great band.

a brilliant brilliant band, and even better live. jack white throws himself about the stage like a madman, and meg looks like a little girl who’s never seen a drum kit before in her life, and decided she’ll sit down and hit it as hard as possible.

using your favourite mp3 service, find a copy of their cover of dolly parton’s ‘jolene’. both hilarious and heart-breaking.

my current favourites off white blood cells are ‘offend in every way’, ‘i can’t wait’ and ‘now mary’. i guess i’m just in a very rock mood.

congratulations on your new purchase. you won’t be listening to anything else for a long time.

I don’t remember which song it was, but MTV2 had a video of TWS done entirely in legos. I guess they used stop action. It blew my mind.

That was “Fell In Love With A Girl.”

That was “Fell in love with a girl”. I have to echo gex gex here, the album is amazing.

3-minute simulpost? That’s embarrasing. :frowning: