Who's NOT a procrastinator?

If you’re not, you might be part of the biggest minority on the SDMB!

I’m a run-of-the-mill procrastinator. I manage to do almost all my work before it’s due, but I hardly ever start things early just to have them done. With one exception, the dreaded group project. In that case, I do most or all of my work early so I won’t be the slacker that everyone’s worried about.

Depends on what we’re talking about. I’m terrible with vacuuming, but I always get my work done on time.

Later.

I signed up for a Class in Procrastinmation once.

I showed up for the first lecture and they flunked me.

(Ba-da-BOMP! Tishhhhhhhh!)

I don’t procrastinate. I think it’s a slippery slope. Once you start to put things off you stop taking care of things… as well as yourself. Why make my bed since it’s only going to unmade later… why take shower…

I equate procrastination with overall general laziness, although there may be a difference to most poeple.

Somehow I think this thread will take a few days to get a lot of posts…

I’ll let you know later.

Part of my self-justification for my procrastination is that I’m also a perfectionist. If I start something early, I spend a lot more time on pointless little details than if I start it closer to the deadline.

At least, that’s what I tell myself.

If there were an Olympic event in procrastination, thanks to me the US would be assured of at least one medal.

But, considering that your judges would be world-class procrastinators, it would take forever to get the medal. Heck, it would take forever for all the judges to decide on what to give you. I’ll bet there’d never be a completely judged competition.

In fact, the really good competitors would never show up…

It depends on the project. Some things I hate and I procrastinate. Some things I hate and I do early…

I hate to get my hair cut, so I put it off until it is most unruly.

I am almost always done Christmas shopping by September or the end thereof.

So yes I am and no I’m not.

I am not a procrastinator. Life is more enjoyable when you’ve done your errands and don’t have a bunch of needs hanging over your head.

I would have no problem accepting my medal in absentia. :smiley:

I’m a big, big procrastinator about anything that I am afraid of. I will put off asking questions whose answers I’m pretty sure I’m not gonna like, even when putting it off might make the situation worse.

When I have short-term, firm deadlines, I usually have no trouble meeting them. I’m terrible at setting and meeting self-imposed deadlines, so I tend to procrastinate badly about big projects.

(Thinks about completing thesis, barfs under desk, crawls away whimpering.)

Normally when it comes to school work, I’m a big procrastinator.

However, I seem to muster superhuman strength and get done days early under the following circumstances:

1. A party that I plan on going to is coming up soon
  2. My friends plan on going to the bars soon
  3. Something involving alcohol is happening soon

Hmm, I’m starting to see a pattern… :smack:

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.

If you wait until the last minute to do something, it only takes a minute to do. :slight_smile:

Ditto.

My parents used to scold me, “You’ll never amount to anything the way you procrastinate!”

I’d say, “Just you wait!”

My mother never procrastinates on anything. You give her a deadline six months away and she’ll start working on it bit by bit, every day for the next six months. I have no idea how she does it, but she seems incredibly stressed whenever she’s faced with a deadline (you will hear her going “Oh my GAWD, I am never going to finish!” WEEKS before) so maybe procrastination is healthier :dubious:

I an not a procratinator. I’ve been meaning to respond to this thread and now here I am.

Let me give it some thought, though …