Whose genome has been genomed?

Hi,
It has been announced that two versions of the entire human genome have been discovered and at least one will be made generally available.

Here is the questions: Are these genomes from individuals and if so, who. Do they represent combinations of people?
If so, what number?

Are they from euro-ameicans, african americans, or other racial groups.

What was the logic for choosing whoever is represented in
the published human genome.

This is a tough question and only a few know the answer.
I hope one of those who is in the know will answer.

I hope others will respond too because this is so interesting and perhapys important.
Best wishes,
Berdollos

Well I was going to General Questions anyway so I decided I would hitch a ride with you. :slight_smile:

Moderator’s Notes: berdellos, you seem to have gotten off to a very bad start here. So bad, in fact, your misplacement of topics almost appears deliberate. I assure you, we will not tolerate this very long. I very strongly suggest you go back to the forum summary page, read the goddamned forum descriptions, reflect deeply upon the guidance presented there, submit to the oracle which will show you the error of your ways, and only then, after you have gained total enlightenment, attempt to post again.

This thread is locked since it’s cross-posted to GQ. Don’t ever do that again, either. M’kay?