apocrafil sounds like a term for AI-generated content meant to fill-out a reply.
I knew it was wrong and meant to correct it but got distracted.
Always makes me think of that sketch (The Grapist) by the whitest kids u know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgUGY36gqM
The version told on “Yes, Minister” had someone replace the comment “Balls” with “Round objects” and the reply was “Who is Round and why does he object?”
Whenever I see discussion of the TV show “Sharp Objects”, I think “Who is Sharp?”
A youtuber I follow, who makes his living as a youtuber, said that it’s a myth that youtube demonetizes videos that use the word suicide. And he went on to talk briefly about how he had personally contemplated suicide as a teen, and then asserted that this video will not be demonetized.
From what I have seen (mostly youtubers complaining about it), the problem with youtube is that they don’t tell you what is and isn’t acceptable. They publish vague guidelines, but then their mysterious “algorithm” can change at any moment. You can be demonetized for something that was perfectly acceptable yesterday, or you can find yourself buried in the recommendations so far down that nobody ever sees your videos, and no one at youtube will tell you why.
And yes, as you said, youtube can easily change their published guidelines tomorrow. Some channels have had to remove numerous older videos because the guidelines changed and even though those videos were fine when they were posted, they are now no longer acceptable under the new guidelines.
That does happen. But I think most youtube videos live or die by their first week. And most of the self-censorship has to do with guessing, and not so much the fear they will change. After all, if I were trying to avoid people talking about suicide and murder, I would probably ban “unalived”, too.