Why Are Blue Jeans Always Blue?

When white jeans were in, they came in white (cream) and white white (which caused smartasses to walk up and order ice cream.)

A few years back, “overdyed” jeans were offered, but they weren’t popular. Usually, black jeans were torture-washed, then re-dyed in blue or red. After a few washings, there was a strange, almost tie-dyed look. Folks would say, “Gad, man, what happened to you?”

Carhartt, and some other brands, still make work jeans in tan and white (for painters.) If you want bib overalls in railroad stripe, you can still get 'em someplace.

Oooo! Women in bib overalls (and nuttin’ else). Yum!

Observe, then–

http://www. supermegatopia.com/gallery/wwiipowergirl.jpg
Safe for work, more or less.
To please the mods, take out the 2 spaces between the “.” & the “s” to make the link work.

So sorry to hear about your condition. :frowning: We have learned a lot about you in this thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, like that. :slight_smile:
My old GF and I would sometimes don our matching overalls and run around town.
Great fun.

Peculiarly, that Wikipedia article (currently) states

While I don’t doubt that red jeans are available, I would hardly say that that’s the color that they especially come in. On checking the history, there’s also a version that says they come in only one color, blue. A very subtle form of inane vandalism, I suppose.

The same article, though, says almost nothing about why blue is such a popular color, beyond a brief note that they were originally dyed with indigo. The section on “blue jeans” is on their countercultural significance, not at all about the color itself.

In the early 90’s white jeans were in again for girls (with tapered legs, natch.) I got my period in mine in middle school. Thanks for bringing that up again, guys.

Us men have it sooo easy!

During the 40’s, black bell bottom jeans were popular. That is what I wore back then.

Go-a-way.
Nobody’s allowed to be older than I am. Old.
Are you my daddy?
:wink:

Kmow what I’ve discovered? Loose pants, like the many pocketed ones I wearing now, are a lot more comfortable than tight jeans. I’m thinking of going to braces. No belt.
Peace,
mangeorge
BTW; anybody wear Lee loose fits?