Why aren't Egg Cups common in the US?

You don’t actually need an egg coddler to make coddled eggs. Just cook them like you would a hard boiled egg for about 30 seconds, then shock them in cold water. They’re most often used in Ceasar salads in the US.

I love beets! Yum yum yum. I even make borscht pretty often, and we’re Irish.

Also, I never eat instant mashed potatoes. As far as I’m concerned, they exist to thicken potato soup a bit. It takes me a long time to go through a can of instant potatoes. I would rather eat no mashed potatoes than instant, which possibly explains why we hardly ever have them.

How did we get from boiled eggs to mashed potatoes in a few posts :confused:

Anyway, salmonella is certainly an issue here (Denmark) as well - but lots of precautions regarding keeping it out of the production of eggs and chicken meat are taken, as well as informing consumers about how to prepare their food. I’ve had food poisoning twice (within the last 10 years - and learned from it :slight_smile: ), and it’s definitely not something to be taken lightly, but I still don’t worry too much over the occasional soft boiled egg. The risk is extremely small. But if I ever made something like ice cream or custard and served it to guests, I would use pasteurised eggs.

And… as for instant mashed potatoes: yuck!!! It’s vile! But mashed potatoes is not that hard to make, and keeping the skin on - less hassle - taste even better :smiley: