Why can't I copy and paste?

Har de har har. Let’s just everyone all laugh at the little ignorant girl:p Next you’ll tell me it’s not really hamsters running the interwebs.
So now, I can use my mouse for some things but not others. It can point like a mutheh but no clicky clicky. I’ll try to plug it into another port (Unless that’s just another joke at the Wook’s expense;))

I’m just funnin’ ya.

Does your right mouse button work for anything? If you hover over a link and right click, do you get a menu of options? Like Open, Open in New Tab, Open in New Window, etc?

No worries; believe me, I’m the first in line to laugh at myself and suspect operator error. Clicking right or left does bring up a menu - regardless of where I am on the screen. Nothing when hovering. I can use it to scroll if I use the touch pad left button thingy (technical term). I tried to plug in a new mouse, both in the same port and a new one and no go. There’s probably a simple explanation / fix to someone who isn’t a technology troglodyte but dang if I know what it is. Seems weird to have such problems with a system that’s only six months old but goodness only knows what I may have done. I’m new to Windows 7 and have never worked on a laptop before so this is a nice trial by fire!Will check back in tomorrow to see if any other suggestions are forthcoming (and no, getting a private secretary is not feasible :slight_smile: ) Thanks again for your efforts.