Why did that boy just yell 'Hallelujah!' right in the middle of the metro?

This is so not normal. But whatever.

I read in the paper yesterday that the STCUM is considering extending the yellow line of the metro from its downtown Berri-UQAM terminus north through the Plateau and through to McGill metro. This will keep people coming in from the South Shore from having to change at Berri in order to get downtown, as well as reduce overcrowding on the green line.

They’re also considering adding a station in the middle of the line between Berri-UQAM and Jean-Drapeau (formerly Ile-Ste-Hélène), at the entrance to the Old Port at Quai de l’Horloge.

This in addition to the already approved plans to extend the orange line from Henri-Bourassa into Laval and the blue line from St-Michel out to boul. Pie-IX, and the “priority initiatives” to extend the blue line still further to Anjou and the Longueuil end of the yellow line further out into the South Shore.

(Here’s a map of the metro so you can get an idea of what I’m talking about, if you care.)

Anyway, when I read this, I crowed “Hot damn and hallelujah!” right in the middle of the metro, causing some little old ladies to look at me funny. But who cares. I’m so chuffed!

I really hope they go ahead with this. It’s only in the pre-feasibility study phase right now - the feasibility study should be ready in November. But it so made my day!

Yay! New metros. (matt wanders off muttering happily to himself)

Hey Matt:

Aren’t you the guy who’s obsessed with subways almost to the point of religious fulfillment? If so, then Montreal’s building of a new Metro addition must be akin to my church’s finally building that Youth Center.

Either way, I’m happy for ya.

While I don’t care enough to actually click on the map link mouse hovers over link, pauses, decides to ignore it, I am happy for you. Your combination of mild profanity and religeous outcries is a humorous juxtaposition. (I’m pretty sure I can’t come up with a more mundane way to say, you made me laugh.)

Congratulations, Matt! There’s good news in DC, too…the Metro here is going to be adding 3 new stations, and there are feasibility studies right now regarding building a new line out to Tyson’s Corners and Dulles. Now, if they can only get more trains…

Congratulations, um, I guess.

All I want to know is who the hell is St. Cum?

Peter North would be my WAG.