Why do hair salons have such stupid names? Know any? Do share.

We’ve got one here called It’s Just Hair. What, is that their answer when you don’t like your cut?

“This looks terrible!”
“Oh, don’t worry about it, it’s just hair.”

La creme de la creme from my yellow pages…

Gone Today Hair Tomorrow (wig manufacturers)
It’s All About Hair
Amber Waves Art of Hair
Beauty Maxx
C’Zar Hair Designs and Day Spa
Deja Vu Hair Design
(I don’t even understand why you would name your salon this)
There’s a big ad devoted to A La Mode and the accent on the ‘A’ is facing the wrong way.
Hyroglyphics Hair Salon (Did they spell it incorrectly, or am I just being stupid? Isn’t it ‘heiroglyphics’? Are there two spellings?)
Just Cut Loose
Technique’s by Lana
(I only included this because they had the apostrophe in there.)

My person favourite, long out of business, I used to go there in the early 70’s

The Clip Joint

We have a Kathy’s Curl Up and Dye, which now advertises that they incorporate You’ve Got Nails.

Others include:
The Beauty Bus
Cobaarz Eco Salon
Crowning Glory Beauty Salon
Cut Above
Delphinium Hair and Beauty
Deziner Hair
Fringe Benefits
Get A Haircut
Hair Pzazz
Headlines
Hollywood Hair Glamour
Jagged Edge (Not the look I’m going for…)
Just Image (Which appears to have opened up in the bad neighbourhood)
Kutz by Design
Lana’N Beauty Salon
Maison Wink
Mirror Image
Michelle’s Cutting on Main
Mixed Clippers
Niki B’z
Scissortricks
Serious H.A.I.R. Just For Fun
Shear Perfection
Buzy Scissors
Style Council Hair, Nails and Body
Wavez
Zaniti

I didn’t know how many badly named hair salons we had! Plus, there’s a huge stack of places named after their street number. Hard to remember which is which - Salon 51, Studio 259, Hair Studio 856…

There’s a Tanglez salon near my office.

Just cuirious - is Edie Adams’ Cut-n-Curl out of business or are there individual franchises left? I haven’t seen one of those in years.

Are you in Charlotte? I was going to rag on this place!

Oh, and I second xizor’s curiosity. The first thing I thought of was George Carlin’s line, “Nothing fancy, just frost my bush.”

Personal favorite actually comes from the Simpsons: Hairy Shears

In Crewe town centre (the home of Rolls Royce Motor Cars) stands ** Crewe Cuts **

How about one I saw in Cincinnati a few years ago (Led Zep nod): Hairway to Steven

Of course, I was born and raised in Mississippi, home of ‘Jerri’s Curl Wagon’ (no kidding).

There is a local chain called “Best Head” - I think it’s a haircut place…

If you need your hair done in Denver, you could go to such illustrious places as:

A Permanent Place
A Touch of Tyme WTF?!
Alchemy
Alley Cuts
Babooshka Again, WTF?!
Barbara the Barber
A Head of Our Time
Hair and There Ugh.
Hair O Scope
Mane Image I hate anything that says “Mane” or “Shear”
Strandz
A Cut Above
A Nu Do Revue

Oy. No wonder I haven’t gotten a haircut in 9 months.

In the town where my parents live: “The Mane Event”.

A great salon name knows no state boundaries :wink: I’m actually down here in Columbia. Aren’t you from these parts originally?

I live fairly close to the town of Oceanside, CA, USA, home to a military base. Once stopping at a public phone I found someone had left a stack of business cards advertising a barbershop in Oceanside. The card said:
“Stud Cuts - Sexy Military Haircuts - $2.00”
(please note that this was approx. 5 years ago, so the $2.00 price per haircut would not have been affected that much by inflation)

I kept one of those business cards and pull it out of the drawer when someone asks me to recommend a hair salon.