Why Do Men Stand When a Lady Approaches

My very vague understanding of it was always that, to the quintessential gentleman, it is the man’s duty to always attend to the comfort and protection of the ladyfolk. If the men are sitting while the woman is standing, then they are more comfortable than she, and this is unacceptable.

Chivalrous, pussy-whipped … potato, potahto. :wink:

Treat women how you want them to behave. For a women, if she acts like her husband is a huge help when he moves the couch for her and she tells him how strong he is and how grateful she is for his strength… That would result in him doing a lot more around the house because of how it makes him feel. Same with women. If man treats a women like a flower, she will start to act like it. Of course she is capable of doing lots of things and when the time comes she does however by letting the her husband play the role of man, leader, strong there is balance in the house. Kids learn the authority structure and mimic it in society. There is no lack of respect for mom because the dad loves her and treats her with respect so then kids mimic it and respect their teachers and others in society… We are off balanced in America, kids are not taught to respect people not even themselves… Anyway there are still women who are not afraid of being a lady. You may open the door for me if you wish I’m grateful for every polite act a man shows me especially when I am holding a child because it makes life easier for me. Thank you to those who still show respect and open doors.

To elaborate, you should pour water on her every other day and put a little manure on her feet every couple of months. In turn, she will attract insects and leave behind yellow stains.

“I believe you should place a woman on a pedestal - high enough so you can look up her dress.”

Steve Martin