Why does "the cheese stand alone"?

When I’m Bleu I feel like being alone sometimes.

Because, sometime, a cheese just has to stand up for what’s right- regardless of the consequences.

The song’s got to end somehow, and it has to be something that holds to the same meter as “the rat takes the cheese” (or “the farmer takes a wife”, or any of the other iterations).

Well you know what it’s like when someone cuts the cheese… would you want to stand next to that?

It stands alone as the Packer’s have won more titles than any other NFL team in history.

Oh, wait, that’s Cheeseheads. Sorry.

Best guess? Limburger cheese. Probably the first to be packaged as it couldn’t stand to be not seperated from itself.

Mmmm…government cheese…<drool>

When I was a kid, my grandparents got government cheese. I have fond memories of it for some reason.

We got government cheese at the Boy Scout camp where I worked for five summers. And Twix bars by the boxcar-load, for some reason…

Because same-cheese marriage has not yet been allowed by activist courts.

So that’s why there was that silly MtG card…

Which was exactly what I thought of too, but I couldn’t work “the meat has frequent visitors” into a witty reply.

Maybe the cheese wasn’t a gouda dancer.

He was afraid someone would Edam.

No, he was Emmenthal cheese, and everyone was sick of his holier-than-thou attitude.

Because while it pretended to be nice, it was really a predatory muenster.

Everyone else scurried after they heard him say, “Leave me alone or I’ll spray you with pepper, Jack”.

When we sing it here at home, my little girls stand and raise a fist for the last verse–it’s some sort of Cheese Power thing.

If it was Swiss cheese, it was probably neutral on the whole standing-alone thing…

Poor cheese was feta’d to stand alone.

“I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.”

If you have any friends who are lactose intolerant, you know quite well why the cheese stands alone.