[QUOTE=Tuckerfan]
One thing I couldn’t help but notice is that the camera operator seemed to go out of his way to emphasize the fact that she’s short. Given the fact that they can shoot the Couchjumper’s movies so that you can’t tell he’s shorter than his costars, they could have done the shots so that she didn’t always appear to be a little kid in a big people’s world.
[/QUOTE]
No kidding. Can you imagine what her scenes with Chakotay would have looked like?
[QUOTE=Alan Smithee]
I think GB could have been great, but I’m not sure she would have been great. I definitely saw the potential for greatness in those clips, but also a whole lot of I-don’t-want-to-be-doing-this. I liked her grimness, but not her lack of presence and confidence. Unless she was willing and able to compromise her style slightly to blend in with the usual four-color style of Trek, she was just going to stick out like a Ferengi at a charity ball. And I think she was unwilling, not out of any artistic stubbornness (which I could respect) but just apathy. She hated the job, and she didn’t want to do it.
[/QUOTE]
Anyone here mind if I ask a dumb question that is BEGGING TO BE ASKED???
If Genevieve Bujold didn’t like the role, if she hated being there, why did she waste her time by accepting the role in the first place? I gather that actors can’t always tell if they’re going to like a role when they first get a script, but wouldn’t several rehearsals serve to let them know what they’re in for? If she needed the work badly enough, couldn’t she have been more professional and tried harder not to let her dissatisfaction show?
Going by memory here…Apparently she was used to working in films but not in TV, and did not comprehend the schedule and the time crunches until she actually started on VOY. Supposedly. As I said, I’m just going by what I heard years ago.
[QUOTE=Dan Norder]
Wait, let me get this straight… People are complaining about her supposedly fake French accent when she really does talk like that?<snip>
[/QUOTE]
If there was any doubt about her being French Canadian, it disappeared when she started talking. That is authentic Quebecois there (in my opinion as a Canadian, of course).