Why is Canadian Idol such a joke?

Ben Mulroney makes Ryan Seacrest look like Johnny Carson.

And while I usually think Cowell has a point and he can be witty, the Canadian equivalent is a real nasty piece of work.

Lastly, for the love of god, someone up the budget so Sass Jordan can get a hair and make up person?

(and this is after having seen 1.5 episodes)

Lemur866 writes:

> Any performer who really deep down believed they could make it in the music
> business would never appear on American Idol.

Furthermore, notice that nearly all (or maybe it’s all) of the top two performers on all the seasons of American Idol come from the Southeast (i.e., Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, and other states south and east of them). It’s like it’s the only part of the U.S. where singers good enough to win American Idol would sign the contract making themselves an employee of the producers of the show. Singers from other parts of the country are too cynical and too wise to the tricks of such people to be willing to go that route to fame. They know that the best route to fame is to get yourself known by people in the music industry and hope to get a recording contract.

However, in the case of Canadian Idol, it’s a crap-ball version of a BRITISH thing.

Two words: Kelly Clarkson. She doesn’t work for the AI people anymore and she’s raking it in.

What you describe has been true of most fledging pop stars since the beginning of the popular music industry. AI contestants are really not in any different a position than most people getting into the industry.

RickJay writes:

> Two words: Kelly Clarkson. She doesn’t work for the AI people anymore and
> she’s raking it in.

Cite? According to the Wikipedia article on American Idol, the winners agree to record only with companies associated with the producers of the show:

Kelly Clarkson fired her manager, Simon Fuller, the creator of all the Pop Idol group of shows after two years. However, it appears that she still records only for companies authorized by these people. I’ve been told that the contestants for the shows have to sign an agreement before going on the show that they will stay with these recording companies. Is this not true? How could Kelly get out of this contract?