Why is Diamonds02 limited to starting one new thread per week?

I had forgotten that totally disabling PMs, even from the mods and admins, was possible. I’m not sure this is a good idea(for reasons shown in this thread, among others). Is it possible to limit this so that mods and admins can still send private messages even if the “No PM” choice is checked?

When a user has disabled private messages we can still send them through the infraction system. So they would still receive warnings and other infractions, but it’s not a convenient way to communicate.

Is there a “No Private Messages except for mods and admins” option available on your side of the board?

Diamonds02 has started 388 threads since April 2005. **grude ** has started 490 threads since December. Going by the logic above, I expect that he has also received a warning.

“The logic above” is not the logic we used. And Diamonds02 was not warned for starting too many threads, she was warned for ignoring moderator instructions.

You’re lucky she didn’t turn you into a newt, that’s all I’m saying.

Really? That’s it? Less than a thread a day (far less really)? And this is really a problem? That’s a lot of threads (I’ve probably started less than five over the past decade), but is it really inundating any of the forums? I don’t particularly like Diamonds02, but is this really worth a mod action?

Ignore them. Unless we have to scroll past endless Diamonds02 threads to find “good” ones, what’s the big deal?

:rolleyes: Has grude received a mod request to start fewer threads?

By these criteria, i can think of at least two other posters who should have been placed under similar restrictions years ago.

Seems like a can of worms to me. Now you’ve got to decide whether one thread per week means 7 days between threads, or per calendar week, or over an average during a month. You’ll need a scorekeeper with a day/date calculator.

No.

Yes, that sounds far too complicated for a group of educated adults.

Then, as has already been stated by the mods, it’s a good thing that isn’t the only criteria they consider, isn’t it?

Placing the word “jokingly” in quotes is a violation of the “Jokerator” code. Don’t do this again. No warning issued.

Mod Warnings, on the other hand are no laughing matter. Everyone is instructed to take them seriously. Unlike us Jokerators, Moderators carry real authority. Ignore them at your peril.

[/Jokerator Note]

Do you have to practice to be so self-righteously condescending in these threads, or does it come naturally?

Why don’t you just beg for your old job back, already? It’s clear that you can’t get by without it; at least then you’d have some institutional justification for your unwarranted sense of superiority.

I’m only a Junior Jokerator.

And us senior Jokerators thank whatever God we worship, every day, that the vote went against you…

They don’t call me the “Czarcasm of Jokerating” for nothing.

I was juts going to send diamonds a message cause of another ATMB thread and indeed her email address is VERY silly: grkgdwn@yahoo.com (I assume no problem in posting that cause anyone can see it who wants to)

Makes me wonder - why on earth are private messages disable-able anyway? I can’t think of any sensible reason and there are no acceptable reasons admins like Marley shouldn’t be able to PM you. At the very least allowing that would ensure you could tell if someone saw a message. It’s not just about keeping an email address alive either; earlier today I had a phone call by someone asking why I was ignoring her. It turned out her emails were going into my spam folder. That kind of stuff won’t happen if PMs are allowd for everyone at least from admin/mods if no one else.

Just pointing out the obvious, Pot. It doesn’t take a “junior mod” to see something that happened just a couple posts prior to yours.

I wanna be infamous too!

Private messaging has now been enabled. I guest I overlooked it as an option when I was registering. On most boards it’s set as default. Resend your message to me.

I’m in the process in setting up a new email.

And no, I rather not have my email addresses displayed directly on the forums.