Purpose: Prevent Drugs from getting to Citizens
Chance of success: None. Drugs are everywhere. If you want em, you can get em easy.
Actual Accomplishment: Inflates the price of drugs enough to make the illegal drug trade very profitable. We are basically funding organized crime.
So if we legalize drugs and put a fraction of drug war money into education and rehabilitation…we will have:
- A whole country full of drug addicts?! No. We will have the same situation we have now. People who want drugs will buy em. People who don’t won’t.
- No drug trade. As with prohibition, legalize the product say goodbye to the illegal industry.
- Far more credibility with young people and anyone we are trying to educate and help lead a healthy life. Drugs, like alcohol can lead to a nasty pathetic existence. And, casual restrained drug use, as with alcohol, is not that big a deal.
- Saved all that money from the pointless drug war.
- Have a regulated drug industry that will generate increased tax revenue.
- Tons and tons of money to spend on quality rehabilitation clinics and programs.
So besides irrational fear…why not legalize drugs?