Why poodles and kittens?

I’ve just been reading a new piece online that described Al Gore as a “crazed sex poodle”. Why a poodle?

I’ve also read women being described as “sex kittens”. (of course I get the kitten=pussy reference)

I think there might be better animals or even dogs and cats that would represent a propensity for promiscuity. How about a COCKerspaniel?

C’mon dopers. Help me out. Let’s give boring old Gore something better than a poodle.

Al Gore - Crazed sex _______!

antelope

weasel

I am pretty sure the “crazed sex poodle” was meant to be a slight on Al Gore’s masculinity and she chose that one on purpose. I don’t think it is the best match though. Bill Clinton could be called a “crazed sex hounddog” for example and that would make sense but Al Gore is harder. He is a big man and not feminine or poofy like a poodle but he doesn’t have that down and dirty pound puppy image either.

You can match most people to dog breeds but Al Gore is a little harder than most. If I were the editor, I would have put him down as a "crazed sex Great Pyrenees but that just isn’t very literary.

You can try for a better fit yourself by looking at breed photos here.

I am pretty sure the “crazed sex poodle” was meant to be a slight on Al Gore’s masculinity and she chose that one on purpose. I don’t think it is the best match though. Bill Clinton could be called a “crazed sex hounddog” for example and that would make sense but Al Gore is harder. He is a big man and not feminine or poofy like a poodle but he doesn’t have that down and dirty pound puppy image either.

You can match most people to dog breeds but Al Gore is a little harder than most. If I were the editor, I would have put him down as a "crazed sex Great Pyrenees but that just isn’t very literary.

You can match most people to dog breeds but Al Gore is a little harder than most. If I were the editor, I would have put him down as a "crazed sex Great Pyrenees (Compare) but that just isn’t very literary.

Poor Al. Can’t get no respect. Not even on the Straight Dope.

Wasn’t Dan Quayle referred to as an “Attack Poodle”?

Poodle. Poodle.
Pooh-dl POOH-dul Podeeliopotamus Poodly poodle
Pew diddle? (wrong thread!) Phewdle…
No. Nothing there. Not even on the internet.
Kitten! ki-TANG!
Kitten, ki-teero, ka-to, ka-ttus
Or in German: Kitte, Kittest, Kittet

Hm.

Another vote for weasel.