Why sometimes Warnings versus warnings?

I’m wondering why it was worthy of a capital W warning, when usually those are reserved for Serious Offenses or Ignoring Moderator Mods.

And I’m also wondering why the insult (and the trolling jab) is allowed. So if a poster does something against the rules for whatever reason, it’s OK for other posters to insult them?

Edit: Considering I was once warned for telling someone to ‘Dial down the crazy’ when he made a remark we both believed to be false, yeah, of course I wonder what the hell the mods are doing. And since I made an ATMB thread, I’m sure I’ll be warned again really soon.

Based on the law of attraction, a proven phenomenon touted by such eminent thinkers as Oprah Winfrey, you have only to keep dwelling on it constantly and the universe will make it so!

Political snipe in GQ that starts other comments? Rule violation. Big W Warnings are reserved for Rule violations. What is the question? You’re unhappy because a mod gave you a Warning instead of a mod note? But you admit you broke a rule, however inadvertently? Whine all you want, that’s what Warnings are for.

How I parse Do Not Taunt’s post: there are numerous other threads here where the poster is trolling, and feeding the troll is frequently demonstrated in those threads. So you drop a snarky line in that thread, of course people respond.

The comment below is trying to navigate the “lying liars are telling lies” minefield. He is attempting to clarify that he wasn’t trying to call you a troll, but he does feel your comment was “a pointless comment to rile people up”. Address the comment, not he commenter. And since this is ATMB, discussion of trolling is allowed in context, which this is.

Martyr much?

Man, I’ve been here eight years and I’ve never been warned, or even “noted,” once. What the heck is going on?!

Oh wait, now I remember. I don’t break the rules. Funny, that.

Thanks. You got that across a lot clearer than I would have.

That’s my job.

Wait, no it isn’t, I don’t get paid for this crap. What am I thinking?

Hell, I get warned about warnings.

“Warnings and Pizza,” it’s the famous very lengthy novel by that great Russian writer, Leonard Tolstoy, who later gained fame by playing Dr. Spock on … um, what?