Warning clarification

@What_Exit, I’m not really questioning the warning I got for this post. I just want to make sure I understand which part of my post triggered the warning so I don’t repeat the mistake.

My assumption is that the “Even for you.” was the trigger, since that could indeed be taken as a personal attack (and to be fair, was meant as one and I’ll happily live with the warning) and thus deserving the warning. If the problem was instead with “Wow, that’s pretty fucked up.”, then I’d like to understand why, as that is clearly to me an attack on the post, not the poster.

Am I correct in my assumption?

PS I almost added this to the “Fauci - Rand Paul Thread” thread since it’s regarding the same post, but didn’t want to hijack. Merge away if you so desire.

The “Wow, that’s pretty fucked up.” on its own; probably would have still drawn a modnote.

But combined with the “even for you” did make it fairly clear cut.

It was correct to bring the question here to the ATMB or via PM. We don’t allow questioning of moderation in thread.

I get that “That’s pretty fucked up” could be seen as fairly combative, but I’ve always operated under the notion that GD and P&E work the same way, and we’ve always been allowed to be pretty tough on posts, just not posters. I’m pretty sure I and many others have responded with statements like “That’s the stupidest fucking thing I’ve read today” or similar, without repercussions. Are we attempting to get more polite (which I can work with, as long as I know), or did we all just somehow slide under the radar in the past?

I was referring to the other thread here in ATMB, which is asking if that post was trolling.

Edit: typo

Sorry, I rushed my answer a little as someone did argue the warning in thread.

I’m not 100% sure if I would have modnoted just “Wow, that’s pretty fucked up.”, if it had anything else in the post that made it clear you were commenting on the content of the post I would have declined the flag. Honestly without the “Even for You” I think I would have declined the flag.

That’s perfectly fair then. Thanks for the clarification!

To make a hockey analogy, Mcgiver swung his stick with both hands across DMC’s ankle, deliberately trying to for an injury.

DMC responded by giving Mcgiver a little push, and was given a two minute penalty by the ref.

My “Even for you” was definitely disparaging the poster, or at least their past history, and I deserved a warning for that. I’ve now stated my opinion of the poster in the Pit, where it belonged in the first place.