Why was the Twickster ATMB thread closed?

I forgot about your hostility, and you apparently forgot about the fact my enthusiasm gets me carried away sometimes.

Your asinine reply to my pm “What about it?” And you wrote that back to me in a pm!!!

Want me to show it???

This ought to carry with it some kind of censure, because you could have said in private what you said in public just now. You were just waiting to pounce, weren’t you?

Give it up. You have no compassion and you have no soul.

Just give it up and leave.

I am sorry to be so strong in my words, but you were a bitch asking me that, and then taking the whole fucking thing public.

Hang your head, because you should be goddamned ashamed of yourself.

I’ve tried to be your friend, but you oppose any kind of “reach-out” people try for.

Hang your head and just walk out of here, because you are totally useless to any of us.

Explain to me why you would imply I may be overreacting and/or why you were in the wrong? This sounds pretty consistent with my experience…which is more concerning given that I have been expected to learn the (inconsistent) rules in less than 7 weeks and this was how many years ago?

I've been warned for accusing another of trolling. - About This Message Board - Straight Dope Message Board :confused:

What the hell are you talking about?

I believe that this is the “mini meltdown” to which Q was referring.

What?

Wow. Talk about your meltdown. I sense hostility here, but it’s not coming from Bill.

And you posted it, why? You trying to hurt Quasi or score some points or something?

Again, what the hell?

big red letters, damnit!!!1!!

I am sorry if that post upset you. (validating, ain’t it?)

I was pointing out that he of all people should understand how it feels to suffer the wrath of the Twackster. Additionally, that her behavior is clearly an established pattern, with not much evidence of change. Furthermore, my inner shrink (hate that word) thinks that it’s another conform or die message. But then again, what do I know? :rolleyes:

Actually, maybe I am more perceptive than I thought…I seem to have figured out the Twack pdq. :cool:

Ok, I’m not jiving with all this negativity. I’m off like a prom dress except mine because my date was gay. True story. :slight_smile:

ETA meltdown? hostile? Au contraire mes freres. The only thing melting up in here is my ice cream.

I do believe she’s not trying to hurt Quasi, she’s trying to bring it up as an example of Twickster’s foul attitude and moderational ineptitude at other times.

Of which this is not a valid example. This rant was a paranoid delusional meltdown, not Twickster actually having done anything wrong.

Right- why I asked if she’s trying to hurt him. It was a truly unfortunate episode brought on by his Alzheimer’s and he doesn’t need to have it pushed in his face to bolster someone else’s argument.

Oh. Ok. That kind of makes sense now, thanks.

Shhhhh! Act II is starting.

If she really is honestly a new poster as she claims to be, it’s possible she found the rant and went “Ah ha!” without following on the thread where it was discussed and dissected to pieces. Stupid, not malicious.

OK. Maybe you wern’t looking for a democracy. :eek:

Analysis, three doors down on the right.

The unfortunate thing is that there some validity to her complaint but she’s being so smug and obnoxious about and for someone so new sure is carrying an awfully big grudge…

Good point, fair enough. Wonder if she’ll apologize once she realizes how unfortunate this was…

That makes sense now. living_in_hell, that was very definitely lacking in class to throw that back up. You may be just paranoid, now, but it doesn’t help to give the mods ammunition to actually do something to you.

I did not know any of this and would not have referenced this post had I known. Believe me there were many from which to choose. :rolleyes:

B: In the spirit of practicing what I preach, I apologize for using this post to support my case (a SD survival strategy–cite your argument). Additionally, I was not intending to be hostile nor aggressive, but rather trying to highlight our similarities. Again, I am sorry. I could have handled this better and will attempt to be more sensitive in the future.

You didn’t have to quote the post in its entirity, with red highlighting. You could have simply pointed out what you felt the post implied about Twickster and her moderating, without dragging the whole thing up again.

Absolutely. I have no problem owning my behaviors. In fact I was about to leave this thread before I received this info as I didn’t even like the way I was feeling without that knowledge…as for “the grudge”? If this interaction has taught me anything it’s about the power of not having all the information about why someone seems the way they seem…and without hijacking, please be aware that there may be more to this story. That is all I am going to say about this. I said sorry, and said I would try to change in the future. That is all I can do.