Why were the admins chosen?

I can understand moderators being chosen for being great posters, optimial posters etc.
But I was wondering how admins are chosen?
And please give me serious answers… It would be a first…

Because they are better than all of us.

We must prostrate ourselves before their might, lest they smite us.
[sub]
[truth]
It’s all a conspiracy, led by the reverse vampires.
[/truth]
[/sub]

What is a “reverse” vampire?

I always figured it had to do with the upper circle of “Cecil’s” elite task force of supernatural larger headed cranium troopers. Cecil cultivates his elite unit, injecting them with “brain serium”. This juice makes them smarter and smarter, which leads their craniums to increase.

Cecil and his elite crew are biding their time, gaining power, so that they can take over the world (defeating the illuminata in the process) and force us all to buy stock in philadelphia cream cheese (because it’s easy to spread).

Ed Zotti has management responsibilities for the Boards, and he chose the Admins. Whether he consulted Cecil, or threw lots, or some other process, we have not been told.

I know that bribery was NOT involved, because I offered a fairly large bribe if he wouldn’t choose me.

Naw, seriously, it’s mostly seniority.

And a spineless inability to say “no” to the boss.

Nope … can’t be that.

has something to do with chocolate…

Me: << Naw, seriously, it’s mostly seniority. >>

Euty: << Nope … can’t be that. >>

Perhaps senility?

Gaudere and Noodles, at least, I know were mods (and before that, posters) before they became administrators. In that particular case, extra personpower was needed to bring the boards back to life after the Time of Troubles, they had both done a lot in getting the temporary board running, and they both work in technical fields, so they’re qualified. I can’t honestly picture a time, though, when TubaDiva or C K Dexter Haven wasn’t an admin.

<< I can’t honestly picture a time, though, when TubaDiva or C K Dexter Haven wasn’t an admin.>>

…well, there was such a time, but it was before the French Revolution.

"Ed Zotti has management responsibilities for the Boards, and he chose the Admins. Whether he consulted Cecil, "

Ahem, that seems to imply there are TWO people, Cecil & Ed. The mystery has been solved, Cecil is not Ed :slight_smile:

Or it could imply that Ed has multiple personalities, and operated in the main Ed Zotti persona when choosing Admins., without consulting the secondary Cecil persona. (Actually, in view of the columns’ and this board’s distinguishing eccentricities, this concept has a lot going for it!! :D)

All of our staffers are most special people, and we are very privileged to have them here working for us. I appreciate them mightily every day.

As hard as our mods work (and gods bless 'em, they do so much!), our admins have even more responsibility. I am grateful that they all persevere under the burdens that they bear on our behalf.

How did they get to be admins? Well, I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you, and we can’t be having that, now.

your humble TubaDiva
It’s so messy.

Can I nominate someone ELSE you could kill? Then you could tell me?

I always thought that, like Athena, the administrators sprang fully-formed from the forehead of Cecil Adams.

I’m sorry - Noodles? Someone before my time? Nickname of C K Dexter Haven?

No, Noodles is a nickname someone gave to the admin Arnold Winkelried.

Actually, “Noodles” is the name Arnold gave himself, beleive it or not.

And we’re never going to let him live it down.

Someone should change the tag under his name to Noodles.

Yes, yes, quite right.

Names picked out of a hat.