Why yes I'm a morning person

I’m a morning person, but I’ve never ridiculed night people or thought that they were lazy or weird. I have, however, been the subject of disbelieving ridicule coming from their direction. I also like to eat lunch at 11:30, as a result of my early breakfast hour, and this too invites ridicule. S’okay with me - if they want to go to lunch at 12:45 and spend half an hour waiting in line to get a seat, that’s their look-out.

I’m up at 5:30 a.m. regardless of when I went to bed. Mr. Pug likes to sleep in, and I show him the courtesy of being quiet until he wants to get up. He shows me the same courtesy of not waking me up when he comes to bed at night, me having gone to sleep at about 9:00.

Time to grow up, folks, and stop hassling each other.

My boyfriend is a morning person. I think this is due to his work schedule that makes him get up at 5. I’m pretty sure he’s actually more of a night person.

I am a night person, but if I go to bed at 3 am and have to get up at 7 am, I can generally be cheerful after the minute or two it takes me to fully wake up.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, takes about a half-hour to wake up fully. However, I am nice enough to cuddle him awake when he visits. And when he visits, he’s nice enough to stay up until 4 AM with me.

I am a chess player.
We are night people.
(All international chess starts after lunch and continues into the evening. I once had to wake someone who was still asleep at 15.00, because the round was starting.)

I have a very suitable job where my alarm goes off at 09.15, so I can start work (3 minutes walk away) at 10.30.
This allows me to go to bed around 03.00.

I agree that both types should be considerate of each other.

1. What time do you retire? (As above, I go to bed at 03.00)
  2. You suggest an alternative awakening of 08.00. :eek: As shown above, I think this is way too early…

I’ve worked things out - I work from 1 pm to about midnight. I haven’t been awake before 11 am for over a year. It’s heaven. I rarely get to bed before 2 am any more, and I’ve seen 4 am come and go quite often. As long as I’m in bed before the sun rises, I’m good to go.

I hate having to go to sleep, but once asleep, I’m in no rush to wake up. I’m a night person. And yes, there is something wrong with morning people.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Love of Peet? Would morning people also be gardening people?? :smiley:

Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.

That said, and me being a night person, living in a society imbued by Lutheran standards, it’s pure hell. I’m regarded with suspicion as I take my puppy for his first morning stroll at around 10.30, me still with sheet marks in my face. He’s tired in the morning too, and I usually wake him around ten.

I just wonder who the fuck decided that morning should be so fucking early in the day.

And with this, I sign off at 12.21 a.m., getting ready for bed and reading for an hour before sleeping.

For the love of Pete! PEET? It’s PEAT, isn’t it?

:smiley:

Technically yes, but some gardening supply houses have Peet brand Peat!!

Silly isn’t it?

quote:

Originally posted by Floater The difference between getting up at 6.00 instead of 8.00 will in 40 years’ time total 29,200 hours or 8 hours a day during 10 years. Thus we will, during 10 years of our lives, get 8 hours a day that we can use for our spiritual refining or to work.

I’m confused, how would getting up at 6am instead of 8am give a person more hours to the day, if a person sleeps 8 hours a “night”. Unless you were advocating that they cut back to 6 hours a night???

We have fundamental disagreements about this at work. People come in at 7 AM, have their coffee, chat for a while, then want to have a meeting at 8:30 or 9 AM. And they can’t understand why I’m not into that, considering I usually get to work AFTER 9. But if I tried to schedule a meeting at 5 PM, I’d get crap from everyone.

Pain in the ass.

My husband is in bed by 10:00 pm and up by 5:00 am every weekday. He claims he must do this in order to maintain his morning routine and get an early start.

Well, okay. His routine: Get up at 5:00, watch the news and drink coffee until 6:00 am. Then shower and take the dog to the park for a half hour or so. Then meet buddies for breakfast, say 30 mins. for that, too. Then go to the office and play solitaire until the crew comes in at 9:00 am. To be fair, there may be the odd phone call before the crew comes in, but our business hours are 9 to 5 so, it’s won’t exactly be hectic before then.

Hey, I really have no problem with routines, we all have 'em. But let’s be honest, it’s not exactly imperative that he get up that early. He’s just a morning person, that’s all.

Or a whack-job, whichever. :smiley:

Oh, the lovely sunrise, oh the fresh air! The wisps of fog and crisp of frost!

I dance when I get out of bed, I sing joyously in the shower, I bound down the stairs and chase the kitties! I make toast and tea and laugh happily when I find my roses covered in dew! The roads are clear of most traffic and everyone is courteous because it’s a brand new day!

Except my frowsy-eyed husband.

That said, I cannot go out clubbing or drinking because those are night activities and I am dead in the water at about midnight. Cuts down on my social life, let me tell you. If I do go out I spend the entire time wishing I was on my wonderfully warm bed.

What is this “morning”, of which you speak?

During the summer I usually sleep at around 6:00…AM, every single day. I say sleep is for the weak.

That said, my dad is the most annoying morning person ever. He wakes up a 6:30 am every day and SINGS! Also he comes into my room and opens the damn curtains and windows. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m too tired to do anything that early I would have killed him.

I’m a morning person. For me, sleeping in means I’m up by 8:30, whether I went to bed at 10 or 4 am. I will admit to having occasionally felt a bit superior to a roommate who slept until noon, but I’ve always gone out of my way to be considerate.

But oh the contempt for the student who wishes to sleep before midnight. Somehow my sleep habits are the essence of all that is old and uncool. Not that I’d care about that, except it apparently also means I’d be unreasonable to expect any consideration myself.

I choose to cast this dichotomy as an epic struggle for the advancement of the species.

Humans, as animals, are pathetic. We are deaf and blind and our noses exist for no reason but to separate our eyes from our mouths. We have no claws, no teeth, no horns or hooves. We have no fur. Our best athletes would regularly be put to shame by just about every critter around. We’re slower than the predators, weaker than the prey, we’re pretty much a Happy Meal waiting to happen.

We got two things: opposable thumbs and a big juicy brain.

We’ve been working with these, and we’ve managed rather well. We figured out fire, and language, and metalworking, and agriculture, and now we have the power to screw up the entire planet.

Morning people are a throwback to the bad old days of hiding in the trees eating berries so that we can store up enough energy to be a good feed for the leopards. I say we embrace the fluorescent bulb, jacklight the hyenas, and stride forward into the universe with our heads held high!

Of course, I say that now. Catch me at about 7:00 in the morning and I’ll probably say “Mzunh”, roll over, and go back to sleep.

See, that’s what we need. More leopards. To eat the morning people.

This morning, I was awakened by the dulcet tones of my alarm clock, at 8AM. My alarm is set for 9 on the days I have to work so that I can snooze for a bit before actually getting up. I figured that I must’ve hit some button to turn on the alarm, smacked the clock and pawed at switches to turn off the alarm, and went back to sleep, content in the knowledge that I had at least another hour of sleep ahead of me.

I woke up on my own accord around 10. You see, my alarm is an el cheapo dealie from Wal-Mart. It doesn’t have a button that turns on the alarm, just buttons that turn off the alarm. I hadn’t reset the clock last weekend.

Wake me up before my time, and I’ll probably deal with you like I did with the alarm: deal with you so you leave me alone, and then go back to sleep until I want to wake up. If you’re lucky, I might even remember you once I get up for the day, but don’t count on it.

Morning person living with a person who is neither morning or night!!! That is worse. She can’t stay up too late and can’t get up early. Pisses me off!

I would love a job where I could start at 6am and finish at 2pm. But then I’d have to be a baker, or garbage collector. Neither appeal to me.
But then again it really doesn’t matter because i’m tired ALL the time. I’m just less tired in the AM.
I’ve just realised what a looser I am!!!