[QUOTE=DiosaBellissima]
Clearly your coworker was in the wrong- 100% definitely.
But I’ll say this: as a 21 year old that works in some professional capacity, it is incredibly hard to find PROFESSIONAL clothing that is stylish, modern, and NOT slutty or school marmy.
I still want to be attractive and feel good about my clothes, but I want to be appropriately dressed. Unfortunately, being appropriately dressed often means clothing that is cut horribly loosely, with shoulder pads, in hideous pastels. Alright, maybe it’s not usually that bad, but you know what I’m talking about.
In some attempt at a middle ground, I stick with knee length dresses that cover the vast majority of my cleavage, dress slacks that are halfway between my tight jeans and the super baggy pants I see older women wearing (that somehow still manage to give them a wicked case of flat ass and camel toe), button up tops with another shirt underneath to assure my tits don’t pop out, and close toed heels.
[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean. My problems lie in the “I’m too old to wear what Diosa wears” category, but I’ve found that if I shop around on the web, most stores are showing pre-put-together outfits. I can usually find something suitable amongst all the pieces they show. Ann Taylor Loft is just one example: Loft : Women's Clothing, Petites, Dresses, Pants, Shirts, Sweaters
Now, I don’t claim to be able to wear all those options, and some I think are just a little to trendy for most offices, but it’s a starting point.
Banana Republic is another one. Again, they don’t all work, but there are pieces and styles that you can at least get your bearings on what’s out there in the way of career clothes. http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/category.do?cid=12071