Wife and Traffic

Well, there was a young kid that stopped in front of the house Sunday to ask for directions. He was in a panic because his gps HAD DIED!!!

I was so tempted to tell him he would die before he found his way out of our suburb :slight_smile:

You passed that up?
You are a better man than I.

Well the SO was out there helping so I had to behave myself.

Eh, I have been known to call mine butthead to his face. Sometimes in jest but occasionally seriously. And he has called me butthead in jest or seriously.

A solid relationship means we are willing to take constructive criticism from each other. Sometimes he is the butthead, and sometimes I am the butthead. Neither of us is perfect.

So why not pit the spouse? If she is doing something worth pitting, or you are frustrated and don’t want to take it out on her, the kids or the cat, the BBQ pit is available.

Fuck that fucking shit.

Reminds me of this old dumb stubborn-ass self-important bitch I was forced to take a road trip with recently. I have 2 GPSes–one on my phone, and one freestanding unit. But oh no, it was ok, she brought *written directions *and insisted we take her way. Along her route we got lost and had to turn around no less than seven fucking times. When I reached for my GPS, she actually *slapped my hand away from it *and said the written directions were fine.

When we drove back home in separate cars, I plugged in my GPS and beat her back, even though I was taking the long way in order to avoid toll roads. When they got back, my mom (who was in the car with her) said they had gotten lost again, multiple times, and she refused to use my mom’s GPS. HURP A DEEDALY DOOPY DURP! Never driving with that bitch in the car again, is all I can say.

Also, what the christ is wrong with you, Oakminster? Someone posts one complaint on the internet about an admittedly dumbass thing their spouse did, and you’re qualified to say their marriage is troubled? Fuck that noise. Better he bitch about it anonymously online than to her face.

So would I be right in thinking that shaking hands with your wife is completely unacceptable?

Must make for an interesting family portrait. :wink:

Hopefully she made it home by now, if not it may be time for a new wife.

We visited family in PA a few years back and two different family members wrote us written directions to JFK airport which they said would take about an hour or so. The GPS gave us a half hour route. We took the half hour route through West or North Philly, which was terrifying. Many boarded up windows. We realised why they gave us the routes they did.

A half-hour route from Philly to JFK? I doubt that very much.

It can be done, you just have to skip NJ and part of Staten Island. I’ll send you the directions.

I still use a map.

But I have used a GPS in an unfamiliar city.

And it isn’t Belchertown, either.

Maybe Athol? :wink:

Something isomorphic then, an hour and two hours. It was a few years ago so I don’t remember specifics.

Or Marblehead.

Look, folks, let’s get one thing straight. You bitch to your real friends about important things. You bitch to the Internet about stupid things. If you switch these two, you are a lonely, maladjusted person.

It’s the OP’s wife!