Wife and Traffic

I have been meaning to tell you for quite some time now how you are my favorite poster on the board. And I do ever so love muffins!

This example makes it sound like she did take your opinion.

:confused:

Ha! You’re right. I was reliving the frustration and mistyped A when I meant B. I meant she’d pick the exact opposite of what I said even when I was totally emphatic about what the better choice was.

Even when I wasn’t totally emphatic about which I thought was better, she would rarely take my advice. It was frustrating since I’m a problem solver and would take the effort to consider the pros and cons of the choices and I felt like that wasn’t valued or appreciated. She was just looking for validation for her decision.

is there ice cream melting in the car?

if not them it doesn’t matter. she should have a car she likes to be in.

See…this where you screwed up. You tell her the opposite of what you think is the right thing to do. Then see if she always does the opposite (which is what you really want her to do). Seriously, some people are just like that.

We had a boss like that. Once we figured out the pattern things went much more smoothly. Especially because if he picked the stupid way (which is what he almost always did) it made our jobs much harder.

OK, that makes sense. That would drive me batty too. Have you ever come right out and asked her “Bitch, why do you insist on asking my advice when you never take it? I’m gonna pimp-slap you, ho!”

Or, perhaps a calmer, more carefully-worded question would get better results.

:slight_smile:

Maybe she’s not stuck in traffic - maybe she’s “stuck in traffic”, nudge, nudge, wink-wink, say no more!

Just…“having coffee with the girls”?

I think it would have been funnier if you had ended it with, “AAAAAAAAaaaaaaa…” :smiley:

Your marriage may be shakier than you think. Swearing is basically domestic violence, and intentional/deliberate delaying is emotional abuse and almost as bad. I know a good marriage counselor. PM me for details.

We’ve not had that argument. Mrs. Plant v.3.0 has a GPS on her phone.
We used it to go somewhere in Memphis.
“Turn right in 300 feet”
“Turn right NOW”
“BACK UP, G-DDAMMIT, BACK UP!”

What? He’s not swearing at her, and I highly doubt she is deliberately delaying just to piss him off. Jeez Louise, domestic violence and emotional abuse?

That’s crazy talk.

I think I see another whoosh (at least I hope so).

And then we’d had to have the who stupid conversation:

ARTHUR: Look, if he was dying, he wouldn’t bother to carve ‘aaggggh’. He’d just say it!
MAYNARD: Well, that’s what’s carved in the rock!
GALAHAD: Perhaps he was dictating.
ARTHUR: Oh, shut up. Well, does it say anything else?
MAYNARD: No. Just, ‘uuggggggh’.
LAUNCELOT: Aauuggghhh.
KNIGHT: Aaauggh.

If you’re not joking, you’re a complete fucking idiot.

There’s some domestic violence for you, douchebag.

She will beg you for advice
Your reply will be concise
And she’ll listen very nicely, then go out and do precisely what she wants!

– My Fair Lady

Some day in the future, we will all look upon swearing in a marriage with the same disdain at which we now look upon wife beating. Until that enlightened day comes to fruition, I suppose we’ll just have to make do.

There’s a town in Massachusetts you might consider moving to.

I choose to be flattered anyway.

I choose to believe this is a whoosh.

I don’t know if this applies in the case of the OP’s wife, but there are people who just will not use any kind of GPS device while driving. When driving to a new and unfamiliar address, they take a perverse pride in batting their eyes around at house numbers and street sign block numbers, to make sure they haven’t passed their destination. Why that’s better than having the Magellan tell you where to turn while you focus on the driving is beyond me.

WRT smart phone based apps, it’s been my unfortunate experience that the 3G network is often too slow to give turn-by-turn directions in real time. But my Magellan has almost always worked fine.