Will nobody make a Cdrw system that will fucking work for me?!?

Alright, I began by doing a full erase on a 24x CD-RW and burn as a data CD using the DeepBurner. No dice. (Though even those help files say it’s the same as a regular MP3 disk) So I put it back in the burner, erased and burned one segment as an audio CD (Just to see if I can get it working at all) Threw that one in the Philips, “No Disc”. Ejected and inserted 3 more times, same results. For the hell of it, I tested in the X-Box. Success! It’s through the TV, but fuck it, that’s surround as well.

So now my next task is to try the same segment on an RW in data format to see if the Box can play that. (I’m just giving up on the Philips P.O.S. for now.)

After that, I’ll erase a disk and try for 4 segments in data format. If that works, I’m going for 8 segments on a DVD-RW. Updates if I get around to it. But for now, I’m gaining hope. :slight_smile:

Glad to see that progress is being made and hope is being gained. :slight_smile:

One point of clarification: an “MP3 disk” is always a “data disk”. When you burn your MP3 files to an “audio disk”, they are decompressed and burned in Red Book format, and cease to be MP3 files (in fact, they cease to be files at all, but are now tracks, which aren’t really the same thing, since the CD-Audio specs predated the idea of data CD-ROMs for use by computers).

If you feel that using the X-Box is an unnecessary compromise, you could still try burning MP3 data disks using CD-Rs and seeing if they work in the Philips.

BTW, did you check to see how big your downloaded MP3s are, typically?

The MP3’s are around 15MB per. I tried doing the data disk format-style and neither the Philips nor X-Box will recognize it. But it plays on the cheapie DVD players in the bedrooms. Which are new than either the Philips or X-Box. Which play MP3 disks. Which the other two couldn’t since the technology wasn’t common then. Which is why it won’t work. ad nauseum

Oh, well, at least I know it will work now. Great excuse to buy the new home theater system. Along with the planned 360 pick-up I’m making this fall. :slight_smile: