Will the human race someday have ovens that warp time to make everything cook instantly?

Do you think that someday humanity will be so technologically advanced that the average home will have cooking appliances that warp time? In other words, time will move faster in the appliance so that everything cooks instantly to the external world.

You should do a poll. Possible responses:

[ul]
[li]Yes.[/li][li]No.[/li][li]Of course not.[/li][li]What are you smoking?[/li][li]Absolutely, and the refrigerator teleports milk from the supermarket when you’re out.[/li][li]No, but flying cars would be cool.[/li][li]Time is just a concept.[/li][li]Wasn’t this on The Jetsons?[/li][li]Didn’t Einstein say “When you sit with a nice girl for two hours you think it’s only a minute, but when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it’s two hours. That’s relativity.” OK, he never did. But it’s a good line.[/li][/ul]

I don’t think it would ever be economical enough for household use. Anywhoo, I am waiting on a replicator.

It’s called a pressure cooker.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude…

Why not just have an oven that directly re-configures the molecular structure of the food to a cooked configuration? Or for that matter, why bother with food as the raw material to begin with?

By the time we get to a point where we could warp time (should that time ever come), we’d probably have genetically rewritten ourselves to simply take direct electricity as sustenance. Anything else would be less efficient.

I see somebody finally got around to watching Killer Fish on Netflix.

Not unless the oven has a 1.21 gigawatt power supply.

Let’s do the time warp again!

[sub]it’s just a jump to the left[/sub]

I’d rather have a nullentropy storage system so nothing ever goes bad.

Of course not, what a silly idea. All food will be stored pre-cooked in stasis boxes which freeze time inside them, so when you open the box and break the stasis field the food will be fresh and hot (or cold).

Only relevant if we’re serving meatloaf…

It will send you forward in time to just after you ate. Problem solved.

But, but, but. . .

If you warp time inside the oven but not outside, then the food will be ready but you won’t be yet, and you’ll have to wait until you catch up with the food. By that time the food will be cold, and you’ll have to heat it up again.

Other nightmare scenarios include: putting your hand in the oven to reach for the food and having it turn old; eating the food only to have it already digested and pooped out before you even swallow it; undercooking the food and having it go back in time; or overcooking the food and having it be too old to eat.

Yes, but by that point of technological evolution our consciousness will exist in a plane independent of space and time so we will have no need for food nor waiting for time to pass.

Can this device age cheese and wine?

Can it take me back to the 60’s with some of todays cannabis samples to share…That would be cool.

OP, I like the cut of your jib!

No. We don’t know everything about physics yet, but I refuse to believe that our understanding is so horribly and completely wrong that scientists in the future invent magic.

What the hell is a jigga-watt?

I have a near-instantaneous cooking device in my kitchen already. Let me introduce you to Chef Mike. Mike Ro Wave.

This. From the point of view of someone from the 1950s, we are living in that future. A typical suburban kitchen has a microwave oven, a convection oven, a modern pressure cooker, a George Foreman and/or a panini grill, maybe even a pizza oven… (Yes, we also have slow cookers, but stay with me.)

And the food has changed too. Yesterday I bought some Uncle Ben’s Bistro Express rice that becomes pretty good with about 60 seconds in the microwave.