Will the Site Feedback and ATMB be combined?

These 2 forums seems largely redundant at this point. And while I suppose in the short term the Site Feedback category is useful to segregate the discussions about the new software what’s the long term plan? I for one hope these aren’t both being kept as part of the long term plans.

Looks like they have one more sub-level they can use if they want.

On Discouse, you’re limited to

• Categories (ATMB, GQ, The Pit)
    • Sub categories

and that’s it for subdividing. No sub-sub-categories.

Unless Main is still the envelope category, with ATMB, etc. as sub categories under that, they should eventually be able to put Site Feedback in as a sub under ATMB. If they want.

If Main is still used, we’re stuck with what we have now.

No way to merge them?

If the current state is any indication I think the “Main” category is thankfully gone for good!

Not sure. I think so.

Still, I think it would be useful to have SF for bug reports and such and keep ATMB for issues with board culture.

I was wondering about this as well. Right now it is confusing where to post questions about the board performance, software, and even moderation. Is Site Feedback baked in the software?

Also, IIRC the Main tier was added to the board when they rolled out Ed Zotti’s pet forum for his book, The Barnhouse. It doesn’t appear to be needed any longer.

I assumed it was because it’s got a different shading in the category list. Made me think it’s a special “system” category or something.

I understand the impulse, but I prefer to keep it simple unless a compelling reason presents itself. The old board’s ATMB was used for both and the amount of traffic in there was pretty low. Adding a layer to further segregate doesn’t make a ton of sense to me when at steady-state it might only be a few posts a week at most.

They seem redundant at the moment, but maybe in time people will refer to technical issues in one, and human-related issues in the other - or something like that, I don’t know. :slight_smile:

Given our ability to ‘unsticky’ stickies (a feature not a bug that needs fixin’) one of the two should be turned into a rule stickies forum.

CMC

I agree, they are redundant. No need to split ATMB into different categories. We only need one. Keep it simple.