Will there be any liberals left here after the conversion to paying site?

While I agree this board does indeed slant fairly strongly leftwards ( by American standards, anyway ), in fairness it’s not entirely across the board. For example I think simple economic conservatives are a little better respresented here than their foreign policy neo-con or especially, social conservative kin. IMHO this board is somewhat moderate economically ( there is a solid quasi-libertarian contingent ), rather to the left on foreign policy ( the European influence in particular pushes in that direction, though that is hardly the only or even dominant factor ), and very liberal socially ( there are only a handful of true social conservatives hanging around - even most of our conservative posters tend towards the social libertarian end of the spectrum ).

So I’m not sure if that = “absurd” or not ;).

• Tamerlane

Will there be any brains left here after the conversion to paying site?
judging by the OP, i’d say no.

Your ability to somehow extrapolate a pre-conversion post that you dislike into the state of the post-conversion site without knowing whether the OPer will pay for the converted site shows you to be an extreme intellectual. Congratulations sir, maam, or it, you are much smarter than other people.

Awww, Crimea River.

Let me trot out my favorite question when you guys start whining about how outnumbered you valiant defenders are, alas! How do you think it got that way, huh? Got a board devoted to rational discourse, evidence, debate, and by some mechanism that dare not speak its name, it turns into a liberal hell-hole.

How? Conspiracy? Supterfuge? How did those dastardly liberals swarm all over the SDMB and Custer-ize you? When you are so clearly the vast majority of real Scotsmen…Americans, real Americans.

Unless, of course, the unthinkable is true. That the Conservative movement has a political impact far in excess of its actual numerical constituency. Think it might be money? Yeah, I think it might be money. Last time out, the numbers were damn near even (you will recall, I’m sure) and this time out, the Tighty Rightys have $200 million bucks and Kerry’s having bake sales.

But, nah, that can’t be it, can it? Must be some liberal conspiracy to take over certain pivotal boards, Crafty devils,

It’s that, or all the people with nothing to do but collect welfare checks and whine about social injustice have the free time to post here, while those with jobs and heterosexual relationships (and possibly children) do not.

Sorry, SlyFrog, but all those straw men you’ve called out will have to fight for themselves.

Geez, how unprogressive of me; guess I’ll go turn my card back in to the Politburo.

OK let me get this straight (no pun intended), Slyfrog you have been registered at this site for a year, does that mean (according to the above quoted statement made by you, I merely infer this I am not asserting it) that for the last year you have been an unemployed homosexual with possibly no children?

Don’t blame me, you said it. :smiley:

You mean you can be temporarily homosexual? Who’d a thunkit?

And which of the above are you?

Someone’s got to keep an eye on them; the conservative conspiracy appointed me. Otherwise they might contaminate our drinking water while we’re not looking . . . .

Jeez, Sly, I’m pretty sure we covered this. When making the hat, the tin foil must, repeat, must be folded along lines parallel with true magnetic north. Otherwise the protection against telepathic rays is compromised!

Elucidator, quit harassing the lad, and paypal me some money. I want to start a December Memorial SDMB Young Conservatives Fund, to help pay for the subscriptions of, well, young conservatives who are down on their luck. (Due to oppressive tax codes and the like!) Put you down for five bucks?

[Ricky]'Luuuci! You’ve some 'splaining to do…[/Ricky]

Everyone knows if you fold the lines parallel to true magnetic north it focuses the rays on your brain, thus cubing their effects. Noob. :smiley:

Anybody else get the impression that this is an “I’m not paying” blaze of glory?

Show me a young conservative down on his luck due to oppressive tax codes and you can put me down for 10 bucks. Hell, it’s worth it for entertainment value alone. :smiley:

Aint much thats funnier than a poor Republican. I can understand the rich ones, but why would poor folk want to be in a club that don’t like them?

Future payoff, of course. Why, I remember, back when I was starting out, I didn’t have 2 nickels to my name. I had a car, but couldn’t afford gas, so I pushed it around town! No hand-outs for me, no sir…Fast forward to today, and I am a FAT-CAT. Yessir, cigars, fine scotch, I even have one of those goofy old stock-ticker printers in my study. (If only someone still provided service for those!) By sticking with the Grand Old Party when coin was scarce, I helped set up the conditions for my continued success today!

So, uh, can I get those ten bucks now?.. :wink:

You have yet to satisfy the condition precedent, that the young person be poor due to oppresive tax codes, so no you still don’t qualify for the 10 bucks. :wink:

BTW- I just got my tax paperwork back from the accountant and it was almost bad enough to make me vote REP. Christ state and fed combined 44%, Fuck me. But then I remember that despite doing pretty good, I aint in that top 1% that get all tax breaks. :wink:

I’d give the OP $4.95 to not register.

Are you saying that this is a joke thread?

Ooops…anybody feel like back in highschool smokin in the boys room, and the teacher just walked in?