William Shatner heads off to the final frontier (space, not death)

How about an Orion slave girl?

They say no man can resist them!

I’m amazed that at 90, the Shat is able to quickly run up and down the steps to the space capsule.

“Get the crane and harness, boys, Shatner’s put on weight again!”

Shatner in space. What could go wrong?

Outer Limits, “Cold Hands, Warm Heart

Twilight Zone, “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

The Six Million Dollar Man, “Burning Bright”

The Horror at 37,000 Feet

Evil Kirk… life, but not as we know it… tribbles…

Well, joke all you like, but I think this is pretty cool. The embodiment of Captain Kirk, actually in space! I doubt he ever dreamed this would happen back in the ST:TOS days. And I’m glad he chose Blue Origin rather than Virgin Galactic – I think it’s more of a “real” space flight, going to a much higher altitude, and closely mirroring Alan Shepard’s historic suborbital flight. Bon voyage, Captain!

Agreed, wolfpup. Have a safe flight, Captain Kirk, and I hope we can hear you say, “Space … the final frontier” at least once from space.

Agree here too. This is pretty cool.

“It’ll be ready next Tuesday.”

What kind of physical stress will the flight put him under? I hope he does okay.

I think this is wonderful! :slight_smile:

Seems like it should be okay? I mean, at 90 you never know, but it sounds like someone in reasonably good health should be fine.

William Shatner Will Ride a Blue Origin Rocket to Space. Is it Even Safe for Him? (thedailybeast.com)

“Risk… isour business!

I suppose, “heart attack from physical stress is space flight” isn’t the worst way to go. :grinning:

Wow, life imitating parody imitating fiction. So meta:

This may be of interest to some:

It’s a hell of a lot better than having a bridge dropped on you and having to stare at Patrick Stewart’s shiny head as you fade out.

Regarding my comment that Shatner “chose” Blue Origin – actually, it appears that they invited him on the flight, as their guest. Good for them! Bezos probably figured it would be great publicity. :slight_smile:

I wonder if that was Ashton Kuchar’s seat that he gave up.

John Glenn was 77 when he returned to space. Not 90, but still that’s up there.

Let’s hope he has no trouble with tribbles.