I’m nearing closer to my Chicago trip that I had a previous thread about. My tanned California butt finally got around to buying an appropriate winter coat (I’ve literally never purchased a winter coat before), but my next problem is the whole shoe thing.
I really don’t want to spend oodles of money on boots, as I’ll only be in Chicago for four days. I may go up to the mountains here in CA over the winter, but not enough for me to justify spending millions on a pair of snow boots.
So, I need your help. I’m still a vain 20 year old, so I don’t want totally ugly boots, but I will certainly sacrifice attractiveness for keeping my toes. My new coat is brown (this one, actually), so ideally the boots would be something that I could coordinate with that jacket.
One type people keep suggesting to me is Uggs. Now, unlike most, I’m not totally anti- Ugg. I know they are ugly (that’s like, almost a pun) and totally “out”, but I’ll be damned if those things aren’t tremendously comfortable. I can even wear them throughout the spring here and even summer, as the insulation works well in both cold and warm. That said, do they leak?
Anywho, any suggestions are totally welcome and appreciated.